Trip report from Royal Princess Dec-Jan New Zealand and Australian Land tour

KYBOB

I have started posting a trip report of our cruise to New Zealand with land tour of Australia. We left Dec 25th and returned January 21, 2024. I am posing a link here because of all the helpful posts I read before our trip on this board. One thing that I could not find any where was how a Princess land tour in Australia was, flight information, baggage information, etc. There is a lot posted on Alaska land tours but noting on Australian land tours. For instance the information from Princess is a direct copy of the same information provided on an Alaska land tour (which we have taken in 2023 so still have the copies of that information) I will have copies of all the information Princess and the tour operator handed out to us on this tour.  Some of which I wish we had before we left it answered a lot of questions we had and I have seen others ask about here. The bags being a big one. The information found on the Princess web site is useless, for instance, the carry on bag size. you will be flying on Qantas domestic. We took our normal roll on hard sided bags (international dimensions AKA the 21") and a personal item (me - camera bag under the seat, wife backpack) plus one each checked bag. No issues. The question on weight, If your bag is bigger than a hard size international sized roll on and the back pack stuffed to the gills yes they will look at it. But my camera bag which fit under the seat (ie was small) weighed a ton like 25-27lbs (2 camera bodies, 4 lens, batteries, chargers, laptop, ipad) never weighed once. I also never made eye contact and tried to board middle of the pack had my ticket out stuck it in the scanner and went on. Hesitate and you might be lost. 

We only once had to check our roll on and that was because the ticket agent at the counter did not know the correct plane size. The agent on the counter next to us told her we did not have to check them right as they disappeared out of sight down the conveyor. 

We had a great time and enjoyed every minute. But there were a few things If we would have known would have turned out even better. 

Cheers!!

• Like 2