ICON of the Seas Kids Activities - Review

Hi everyone! I know anyone cruising with kids will likely have some of the same questions we did, particularly when booking a new ship for the first time! If anyone is interested in learning about the kids activities and venues onboard ICON of the seas, be sure to check out the video we did of them below! Of course, any questions about anything be sure to let me know!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miami Momma said:

thanks for this! Did you find Adventure Ocean to be super busy with kids? Were you ever turned away because of numbers?

My pleasure! It was perfect on our cruise! Enough of an atmosphere to be enjoyable for all the little ones without being chaotic! We had no issues with numbers, the staff do a fantastic job too at managing everything!

I haven't seen a dedicated open play space in video reviews for toddlers on Icon. For example, Freedom of the seas has a play place located in Adventure Ocean that is open from 9a-9p where smaller kids can run around, climb, go on small slides. 

Edited by SUgwoz

25 minutes ago, SUgwoz said:

I haven't seen a dedicated open play space in video reviews for toddlers on Icon. For example, Freedom of the seas has a play place located in Adventure Ocean that is open from 9a-9p where smaller kids can run around, climb, go on small slides. 

They haven't got a dedicated indoor play area unfortunately however in Surfside you do have a play area with slides, climbing equipment etc! There is plenty to do still for kids!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this.  We will be on the Oasis in August with kids ranging in age from 3 to 13.   

We are just wondering that if adults choose to linger over dinner, is there supervision for the younger ones in a camp or babysitting?    

5 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Thank you for this.  We will be on the Oasis in August with kids ranging in age from 3 to 13.   

We are just wondering that if adults choose to linger over dinner, is there supervision for the younger ones in a camp or babysitting?    

Ah fantastic! The kids clubs are fantastic with Royal Caribbean! With regards to younger ones having supervision, my best advice will be to schedule your dinner for during the late evening session of Kids club. Do you know what dining time you have?

16 hours ago, Coast To Coasters said:

Ah fantastic! The kids clubs are fantastic with Royal Caribbean! With regards to younger ones having supervision, my best advice will be to schedule your dinner for during the late evening session of Kids club. Do you know what dining time you have?

They only had late seating. Need to work on that.  8:30 is way too late

3 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

They only had late seating. Need to work on that.  8:30 is way too late

Ah okay! Have you tried calling them? We asked over the phone lines and thankfully there was an earlier sitting available which allowed us all to eat, then have half hour or so together before venturing to kids club for its opening in the evening!

• Like 1