Day Rooms in Vancouver

rickshaw1

Hello there Canadian Cruisers!

I will be on a cruise that disembarks in Vancouver next May. I am flying home to New Zealand the same day but my flight does not leave until  9pm. I don’t need or want to do the tourist thing as I spent a week there not long ago.  My preference is to chill in a Day Room but the ones at the airport are pretty pricy. Can anyone recommend a less costly but convenient alternative?

All I will say is that I have traveled to Vancouver for business for years and hotel prices in Van are high downtown or at the airport at any time.  If you want a decent place to stay you will likely pay for it.

Just did a day room search for Van and yes, the rates are high...

Day rooms in hotels are tricky things and typically not cheap because it is a technical nightmare for a standard hotel to administrate, unless they are set up for this day room kind of booking.  For you to check in at 8am, the room has to be vacant overnight as the check out time for hotels is typically 11am.

It is almost like the opposite of booking for overnight.  Hotels that do this have to have a separate set of rooms that are dedicated to this booking option and they have to employ housekeeping staff at different hours - than typical - to clean and ready these rooms in the evening.  They also have to have demand for this kind of booking ongoing.

My experience is that day rooms, unless you are travelling huge international airports such as in Japan, China, London, etc., you won't find lots of options.

I think you may have to just pay the price.  

• 3 weeks later...