Resilient Lady Cancelled Australian Season

robertsammons

39 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

Disney Cruise Line was operating at a significant loss for it's first 5 years, and was propped up by the rest of the company. It then starting managing to break even, but went back to losing money and needed to once again be propped up externally, in order to expand. It wasn't until it had 4 ships running that it actually started gaining traction in the market, and making enough money to expand without needing external help. If there is any lesson from DCL; it's that, if you are going to have ships operating around the size and price range of Virgin; you need to have at least 4 to have hope of growing the company.

I am a stockholder in the Disney Company. Plus I was a travel agent for 30 years. I know plenty about the cruise business.

My point goes was that Virgin thought they knew it all!  VV's original CEO Tom McAlpin was originally from the Disney Cruise Line. VV had the inside knowledge to create a cruise line from scratch. But, McAlpin retired last year. They have a new CEO who may not be up to the job. I know for a fact that they have a funding problem. People think that Richard Branson is the pocketbook behind VV. His funding was about 10%. The rest came from Bain Capital, then Blackrock, and now Ares Management. Who's next to loan VV money?