NCL Premium Plus Photo Package

dmwnc1959

Have added this selection to my pre-cruise online bundle (not yet pulled the trigger) for the NCL BofA Mastercard 3X points and was wondering if any here have actually purchased this package, and what your thoughts were.

The cost is $199 for 25-nights, and I’ve included some screenshots of what it includes. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thinking maybe this would add a lot of digital pictures without me viewing my vacation through an iPhone camera. Last cruise I went overboard and took over 1,100 pictures on one week. 🤣

IMG_6341.jpeg

IMG_6342.jpeg

IMG_6343.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959

I'm not entirely positive this is what you're looking for.  

The key phrase here is   "Digital Files of all selected photos"
From what I've been led to believe in other forums, this means you get 10 pictures - just the Welcome Aboard, and 8 more that you choose to have printed..
That's not what I'd call a lot.  Apparently, NCL doesn't seem to offer the complete collection of digital photos anywhere.

4 minutes ago, ChrysFox said:

I'm not entirely positive this is what you're looking for.  

The key phrase here is   "Digital Files of all selected photos"
From what I've been led to believe in other forums, this means you get 10 pictures - just the Welcome Aboard, and 8 more that you choose to have printed..
That's not what I'd call a lot.  Apparently, NCL doesn't seem to offer the complete collection of digital photos anywhere.

Don’t the 8x10 prints usually run around $20 each? That seems to be about average though I don’t know what they run on NCL, like the embarkation picture, formal night backdrops, and maybe some stock pictures of the ship? 

As for digital images, are those just a lot of candid snaps taken by the staff photographers during port visits (at the pier), maybe during the Panama Canal transit, at staged set-ups around the ship, etc.? I’m wondering how these are acquired to add to the ‘selected photos’?  

All the photos are staged shots, none are "candid."  There will be a handful of locations in front of backdrops or some ship architecture (staircase) nightly.  There will be a port photo at each port, there will be some roped off areas for glaciers (Alaska itineraries) and perhaps others on other itineraries (Panama Canal transit).  You might be able to stop a photographer passing by with their camera.

As for the digital prints, this package gets you 10 (the welcome aboard and route map pics and the 8 others that you choose).  Yes, they will sell you $20 each (print plus digital copy).  I've seen some of your posts in recent threads, I believe you will end up disappointed if you buy this package.

Take as many photos with their photographers as you wish. Go to the photo gallery and pick out the best ones is how it works.  They take the pics and ask you for your room number so they can be filed for retrieval.  They also have packages to sell you onboard, those are marginally better than this package, IMO.

48 minutes ago, n4w said:

All the photos are staged shots, none are "candid."  There will be a handful of locations in front of backdrops or some ship architecture (staircase) nightly.  There will be a port photo at each port, there will be some roped off areas for glaciers (Alaska itineraries) and perhaps others on other itineraries (Panama Canal transit) You might be able to stop a photographer passing by with their camera.

As for the digital prints, this package gets you 10 (the welcome aboard and route map pics and the 8 others that you choose).  Yes, they will sell you $20 each (print plus digital copy).  I've seen some of your posts in recent threads, I believe you will end up disappointed if you buy this package.

Take as many photos with their photographers as you wish. Go to the photo gallery and pick out the best ones is how it works.  They take the pics and ask you for your room number so they can be filed for retrieval.  They also have packages to sell you onboard, those are marginally better than this package, IMO.

It’s like a freaking lightbulb just came on in my head. 😳 I get it now.

- (8) Portrait 8x10 Prints

- Digital Files of all selected photos 

These aren’t two distinctly different things, it’s basically the same thing, twice. You select the eight pictures you want, then get digital files of those. For some reason I was interpreting it as you were getting two separate bullet points: the 8-8x10’s, and then digital files of all of the pictures you select that have been taken during the cruise. Which is not the case. Princess Cruises gives you unlimited digital, which is what I was thinking NCL does. 

The more I think about this, a lot of those pictures are just going to end up shoved in a drawer somewhere when I get home. Kind of like where all the others from past cruises go to die. Man, this is depressing, 🥺 but on the bright side you just saved me $200. 😁

Think I’ll skip the entire idea of buying vacation pictures this time. 

• Like 2