Having difficulty contacting AC Taxi Service to book tour

curlywigg

We’ll be visiting Tortola in early May and I’ve not been able to contact AC Taxi service via their email addy on their website or via the contact form on the BVI Tourism site. I’ve got tours at 2 other islands booked. Response was not immediate but each one took only 3 or 4 days to confirm the booking. It’s been 2 weeks since my first inquiry with AC Taxi. Is this usual for this company? 
I would prefer to pre arrange rather than try to sort something out at the pier. Any ideas?

21 hours ago, blue_water said:

Sometimes there are internet problems that delay responses, but 2 weeks is not typical…

I would definitely call -

1(284)340-0550

Thanks, will try that route. I usually like to do these things via email… written and clear, saves a lot of potential confusion.

34 minutes ago, curlywigg said:

Thanks, will try that route. I usually like to do these things via email… written and clear, saves a lot of potential confusion.

Sure - but once you get through you should receive an email confirmation.
let us know how you make out! 😀 

On 3/14/2024 at 12:28 PM, blue_water said:

Sure - but once you get through you should receive an email confirmation.
let us know how you make out! 😀 

No luck…he said he only has big vans $500… no taxis…we just want a two hour cab ride and beach drop off and pick up… I thought it was a taxi company…must have misunderstood. I might try Viator or just wing it and find a cab at the port gate… 😕

Ok p, sorry…AC’s outfit has become very popular with land lubbers and day visitors alike, and maybe he has a minimum today…

If you just want a 2-hour island tour and a drop at CGB or Brewers Bay you are better off with a shared safari taxi. There are safari taxis at the pier that are dedicated to providing 2 hr and longer island tours, some including a beach stop. Prices are much more reasonable than private options.

You will see the drivers holding signs, or you can ask the nice ladies at the info booth to be directed to the perfect option. I wouldn’t use Viator or another third-party booking option as you will be fine just hooking up with a driver and the price should be very reasonable. The safari taxi is a gun way to tour too.

In fact, if you just take a shared safari taxi that is going directly to CGB or Brewers, you will see a little of the island. But I would suggest a shared tour for the best experience, followed by some beach time. I’m sure you will find an option to get dropped at a beach, most likely CGB, and taxis will line up to return everyone to the ship.

Thanks… came to that conclusion. We’ll ask around at the pier for what we’d like… 1 to 2 hour drive around and a few hours at Brewers Bay. I’m sure others have the same idea and it will all work out. 
Thanks for the advice…much appreciated 

• Like 1