Madrid to Barcelona

After we get off of the Anthem in Southampton in October this year, we will have about 10 days in Spain before we board the Oasis in Barcelona for the TA.  We plan to fly to Madrid from LHR, spend 4 nights there, take a train to Zaragoza and spend 3 nights there, then a train to Barcelona for the final 3 nights.  We have been to Barcelona before and are staying at the H10 Catalunya Plaza as we really liked that hotel last year when we were there.

My question, thoughts on what to see/do in Madrid and Zaragoza.  We are not "shoppers" so that is of no interest to my wife and I, but almost anything else would be of interest to us.  While we might be "older", we still get around very well.

Hotel recommendations?

What is the best train & station to travel on/from?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Dan

10 hours ago, ddr1948 said:

After we get off of the Anthem in Southampton in October this year, we will have about 10 days in Spain before we board the Oasis in Barcelona for the TA.  We plan to fly to Madrid from LHR, spend 4 nights there, take a train to Zaragoza and spend 3 nights there, then a train to Barcelona for the final 3 nights.  We have been to Barcelona before and are staying at the H10 Catalunya Plaza as we really liked that hotel last year when we were there.

My question, thoughts on what to see/do in Madrid and Zaragoza.  We are not "shoppers" so that is of no interest to my wife and I, but almost anything else would be of interest to us.  While we might be "older", we still get around very well.

Hotel recommendations?

What is the best train & station to travel on/from?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Dan

Hello, 

first of all, glad you wanna visit Zaragoza. You are the first cruiser in months I read you have it as first option.

I live in Zaragoza, I just copy here this link about information but ask as many as you want

With three days you have enough time for the city and even to rent a car and going to some other corner not far from the city.

About trains, here you are another link

1- Madrid has two stations. You must go to "Madrid Puerta de Atocha" (centre-south of the city). For other cities there's only one station for high speed railway (including Barcelona). So enough to set "City (all stations)" and no possible mistake

2- There are three railway companies. Different trains and fares but all of them drives in the same time (a bit more or less depending of intermediate stops)

3- Ouigo has offered this week all 2024 tickets. Have a look, they are starting 9 euro/ticket

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2982860-railway-issues-moving-by-train-around-spain/