RC travel protection feedback

I am looking to interact with anyone who has had to cancel a cruise shortly before sailing due to a medical reason. Using RC travel protection, how was your experience? We are supposed to sail Sunday April 7th, 6 nights Odyssey of the Seas to the Caribbean. My husband had shoulder replacement 1 year ago and has developed an infection that we are dealing with. He had debridement surgery on February 22 and has been on antibiotics since. We may have to cancel the cruise. I have looked over the doctor form and thought there might be someone out there that has had experience with making  a claim with RC. I am sorry in advance if there is somewhere else I should ask this question, thank you.

21 minutes ago, travel_wendi said:

I am looking to interact with anyone who has had to cancel a cruise shortly before sailing due to a medical reason. Using RC travel protection, how was your experience? We are supposed to sail Sunday April 7th, 6 nights Odyssey of the Seas to the Caribbean. My husband had shoulder replacement 1 year ago and has developed an infection that we are dealing with. He had debridement surgery on February 22 and has been on antibiotics since. We may have to cancel the cruise. I have looked over the doctor form and thought there might be someone out there that has had experience with making  a claim with RC. I am sorry in advance if there is somewhere else I should ask this question, thank you.

We cancelled for medical reasons and had Royal's insurance but it was probably ten years ago.  At that time, when I spoke to insurance, they said that we needed to cancel the cruise first and then contact insurance.  They took some information on the phone and then sent a form that we had to have signed by the doctor saying my DH was medically unable to sail.  Once we had that done, we sent back the forms and reimbursement took a few weeks.  It was pretty simple and I had a direct contact at the insurance company.  Maybe someone will have a more recent experience to share.

My mom had to make a cancellation claim with royal’s insurance about a year ago. It was processed and paid quickly. Paid within a couple weeks if I remember correctly. As with any insurance, dot your i’s and cross your t's when filling the forms.