Ncl thoughts with 7 year old

zaylyn2590

My daughter and i have been cruising together for the last few years. We've sailed rc and carnival; this was our first with ncl on the getaway over spring break out of NYC. I don't think i would sail again with NCL. 

1. Even though we got a balcony room (for the first time), it felt really narrow. I thought it would be roomier than an inside but it didn't feel like it. 

2. There were no kids channels on the tv. On RC, they have at least 2. For the late night before my daughter goes to sleep, she sometimes watches TV.

3. The kids club was closed on port days. On carnival and RC, they are open. It's nice to explore the port on my own and knowing my daughter is in good hands. 

That being said, I did enjoy the meals in the specialty dining. My daughter did enjoy herself; she loves vacations and making new friends. 

This is also the policy on Cunard.  I can't remember if the kids clubs are closed when the ship is in port, but you cannot leave the children behind in the kids club and go on tour.

Also, parents should note that NCL's kids club hours are currently set by each individual ship (there used to be consistent hours fleet wide): 

"Opening hours on Sea Days and Port Days while the ship is sailing are posted onboard the ship or via the Freestyle Daily."