Santorini on marella sun 30 june

soggy1975

We're arriving in Santorini onĀ  Sunday 30th JuneĀ 

4 ships that day,

We're the 1st at 7am

Celebrity infinity at 8am

Norwegian epic and celestyal discovery arrive early afternoonĀ 

Looking at options to minimise crowdsĀ 

I'm considering a marella on shore excursion, when do they release these?(Just looked and not available yet)

If we go independent I'm considering catching a water taxi to ammoudi bay, spend some time in oia, bus or taxi to imeroviglia, walk coastal path via skaros rock back to fira, cable car or walk back down. Is this doable? Our ship leaves at 6pm.

We might even consider walking full route from oia to fira, I know it'll be hot but we're fit 40 somethings with no kids. Is the full route worth it or is the south half best?

How are buses in Santorini?

Looked at taxis and can pre-book for ā‚¬30 oia to imeroviglia, might be a struggle to specify a collection time though .How easy is it to just grab one if not pre-booked?

Final option is just skip oia, walk from tender port up(if cable car busy) then to imeroviglia and skaros and back then walk back down. Would we regret missing oia! I know it involves the steep walk both up and down but I reckon we'd be ok(previous trips we've always done steep walks that people have discouraged and been fine)

Thanks for any guidanceĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I did the walk from Fira to Oia - note in this direction, it's slightly downhill the majority of the time, whereas from Oia to Fira, it's slightly uphill. So it's easier. If you're first and you manage to get off in one of the first tenders, there will be minimal queues. Make sure you know how to get tender tickets or where to join the queue for tenders onboard.Ā 

Taxis are not as plentiful as one might expect for an island full of tourists! So the bus is the best way. If you do want to take the bus from Fira to Oia, you can do the 8am or 8:30am bus, depending on how fast you get off the ship. If you do the walk, then the afternoon bus journey from Oia to Fira should be relatively - I've done it twice and no big queues. And one of those instances was in mid-August with 6 ships in Santorini! I wrote up my DIY excursion here if you're interested -Ā 
https://diycruiseports.com/diy-port-guides/santorini-cruise-port-diy-shore-excursion-guide