Has anyone gotten a response from AQV to their claim?

We filed on 3/10/24 and got the confirmation from Omni Agent Solutions but have heard nothing since. Has anyone else gotten a response? We filed a claim with Allianz as well since we had trip insurance but they won’t process our claim until we get a denial from Omni.

I am still waiting for a denial letter (which is specific to my tour, not the general letter they sent out). The denial letter is something my travel insurance (AIG travel guard) needs before they can work on my claim separately . Omni agent solutions said they were waiting on instructions from Argo Surety last week. I have tried contacting both by phone today and only got a busy signal from Omni and voicemail from Argo Surety. I keep plugging away at this.

• 2 weeks later...

I have received more than 20 letters (both in the mail and email) of the same form letter stating the bankrupt situation.  Nothing past that.  

I prepaid for a B2B (2 week) cruise for next month that they bullied me into paying in full in advance a year ago.  I am out more than 15K.   Really sick about it.  

I called Omni Agent Solutions asking for a  reference number that would go with my case. After many calls, I finally received a submission confirmation number ( which tells them that they received all my information and documents) . Supposedly, they have looked at my information and have sent it on to Argo Surety. I’ve called them many times and emailed asking when they are going to send us instructions. I have yet to get a response from them.

• Thanks 1

I have submitted all the claim forms as required.  As everyone else seems to say I heard basically nothing until today.  I received a thick set of documents titled " to all holders of claims entitled to vote on the plan"

The mailing also included an "open letter from the creditors committee" which says the committee recommends rejecting the plan.

Also included was more legal papers "notice of hearing to consider the adequacy of the disclosure statement and confirmation of the second amended joint chapter 11 plan filed by the debtors and related voting and objection guidelines.

Finally, "joint ballot for voting to accept or reject the second amended joint chapter 11 plan ..."

I am not an attorney, and hope I don't have to hire one to get the deposit money back that I paid to American Queen Voyages.  We paid AQV $8,000 for deposits on a number of cruises, and the ballot that I received shows a "vote amt" of $1300. 

Does anyone have any idea what to do with this package.  I would really rather not lose all of our deposits.

Thanks for everyone's help,

Randal Bruckner

13 hours ago, nanrandy said:

I have submitted all the claim forms as required.  As everyone else seems to say I heard basically nothing until today.  I received a thick set of documents titled " to all holders of claims entitled to vote on the plan"

The mailing also included an "open letter from the creditors committee" which says the committee recommends rejecting the plan.

Also included was more legal papers "notice of hearing to consider the adequacy of the disclosure statement and confirmation of the second amended joint chapter 11 plan filed by the debtors and related voting and objection guidelines.

Finally, "joint ballot for voting to accept or reject the second amended joint chapter 11 plan ..."

I am not an attorney, and hope I don't have to hire one to get the deposit money back that I paid to American Queen Voyages.  We paid AQV $8,000 for deposits on a number of cruises, and the ballot that I received shows a "vote amt" of $1300. 

Does anyone have any idea what to do with this package.  I would really rather not lose all of our deposits.

Thanks for everyone's help,

Randal Bruckner

I received an email early morning yesterday.  Had two forms attached in a link to be filled out, which I did and sent off.  In "snail" mail I received that ballot the same day, that was totally different than the claims forms.  I sent the two first forms certified with return receipt, which gives me paper trail of when I submitted.   Will send the ballot choice out today.  

I was bullied to pay in full over 19 thousand dollars for my B2B cruise on Empress.  Was not happy about doing that, but they insisted I would lose the large promo credit they had given me earlier if I did not.  Claimed it was a mistake in the wording online.  Should have had enough red flags at that time, but did not listen to them.  My huge mistake.  

My ballot show 12K for the 19 they owe me.  Not sure what is up with that.  

I have a feeling I will never see that money again, but if I get anything at all back, it would be better than nothing I guess.  Huge financial hit to pay that much with nothing to show for it.  

I too have received the documents that have been mentioned, I am fulling out the first set of claims in the email I received from   Argo Surety.

I have started claims with my credit card company and the insurance company which I purchased travel insurance from. 

I have no idea what to do about the ballot, I don't want to hire a lawyer and I don't want to accept it. What if we simply don't return it and they don't have enough votes to continue?

I also must say for a company such as American Queen who have been in business for a long time they are not treating their former customers well. No response from them on emails or telephone. calls.

• Like 1

Agree.  It really is terrible we have to go through all of this, when it should just be automatic that they refund our money.   So sorry I ever booked this this company.  They were a PITA from the very beginning.  😡

I still have not received the email documents that were mentioned by a couple of people.  Who did these documents come from and what info are they asking for?

1 hour ago, nanrandy said:

I still have not received the email documents that were mentioned by a couple of people.  Who did these documents come from and what info are they asking for?

From the Surety Company.  Two different names, Hornblower and Argo.  

9 hours ago, sewmor said:

I too have received the documents that have been mentioned, I am fulling out the first set of claims in the email I received from   Argo Surety.

I have started claims with my credit card company and the insurance company which I purchased travel insurance from. 

I have no idea what to do about the ballot, I don't want to hire a lawyer and I don't want to accept it. What if we simply don't return it and they don't have enough votes to continue?

I also must say for a company such as American Queen who have been in business for a long time they are not treating their former customers well. No response from them on emails or telephone. calls.

I hope you have better luck with your travel insurance than we have so far. They won’t do anything without a formal denial from AQV and their insurance first and we can’t even get that. We bought insurance through Allianz and they closed our claims but did say they could be reopened when the documents were received.

1. We just got a "proof of claim" form from the bankruptcy court to fill out and return.  Hopefully this is one step closer to a refund,  Seems like we keep sending the same info over and over, but nothing happens.  I guess we will just have to keep jumping through the hoops and remain hopeful.

I’m filling everything out. I have contacted a lawyer from Credit Committee ( listed on the 2 page letter that came with voting package) to ask if opting out would prevent us from getting the refund from the Surety. He said that the voting for the plan and the surety refund were to different processes going on parallel at the same time but more than that he couldn’t tell me. The Proof of claim is to show that you have a right to vote on the bankruptcy plan.

38 minutes ago, nanrandy said:
  1. We just got a "proof of claim" form from the bankruptcy court to fill out and return.  Hopefully this is one step closer to a refund,  Seems like we keep sending the same info over and over, but nothing happens.  I guess we will just have to keep jumping through the hoops and remain hopeful.

Hoops is right.  Geeez....it's so obvious they owe us money.  They just want to delay...delay...and make us work for it.  Perhaps they are hoping we will just give up....not!!  😡