Yipee Doc's came yesterday for Alaska Cruise

marcyjane

This will be my 5th cruise, First on NCL and the first time I have ever received Doc's this early 57 days out.

I'm so ready and can't wait first time Alaska Cruise and first time on NCL going on the Star.

With Doc's in hand it makes it so Real and so much closer I'm ready to Pack.

Let's go Cruising!!!;)

Marcy

This will be my 5th cruise, First on NCL and the first time I have ever received Doc's this early 57 days out.

I'm so ready and can't wait first time Alaska Cruise and first time on NCL going on the Star.

Let's go Cruising!!!;)

Marcy

Marcy, that's great that you received your documents already. Did you book directly with NCL?

I'm afraid if I received my documents this early, I'd put them in a "safe" place then forget where I put them when it was time to cruise! About 2 to 3 weeks before embarkation is when my travel agent normally sends out the final documents with luggage tags.

We'll be boarding the Star the day you get off, so take good care of her and save some chocolate for us! Have a great cruise!

Hopelea,

The doc's came by Federal Express and I was at work and the envelope was standing up by my front door (which I very rarely use) I just happen to notice it as I was driving in the drive way and I thought what is that by the front door. Of course I wasn't expecting them until around the first of May since the sailing is May 21st, I just never recieved docs this early for a cruise, but yeah!!!! Yipeee!!!!! I'm so excited I think I'll put on the Love Boat Theme song and do a trial packing run.

Brunolvr,

It will be hard, but I'll make sure they save some chocolate "just for you".

Just gotta love you guys on Cruise Critics!!!

Marcy

Let's go Cruising!!!;)

Marcy

Hi Marcy,

My husband and I are going on the same cruise as you are and we're so excited. This will be our 5th cruise, 4th on NCL. We love the free style dinning.

Our first time to Alaska,:) and maybe not our last. Have you booked any side Trips? We just booked our side trips this week.

Glad you received your Docs. We booked with a TA and haven't heard anything yet. Did you book directly with NCL?

Helen

Happy Traveler 60,

Yes we have booked our shore excursions with NCL on line about a month ago and have also done the pre-registration on line at NCL website as well, so I think withe Doc's in hand alls ready to Go!!! The waiting game and countdown has started under 60 days now to go:) .

We are flying into Seattle on Friday the 19th and are going to spend the day Saturday touring Seattle and then try to get a good nights sleep before boarding day the 21st. This is my first cruise to Alaska as well.

Have a great cruise and see ya in Seattle on the NCL Star.:)

Marcy

We're on the 5/14 Star sailing out of Seattle, and received our documents last week; including pre-printed luggage tags, and excursion confirmations.

We booked directly with NCL, and handled our own air. The documents came FedEx, and we were so excited when we saw the large envelope propped up against our front door. We jus knew what it was, and we were right!

The anticipation hightens...don't ya just love it?! : )

Happy Traveler 60,

Yes we have booked our shore excursions with NCL on line about a month ago and have also done the pre-registration on line at NCL website as well, so I think withe Doc's in hand alls ready to Go!!! The waiting game and countdown has started under 60 days now to go:) .

We are flying into Seattle on Friday the 19th and are going to spend the day Saturday touring Seattle and then try to get a good nights sleep before boarding day the 21st. This is my first cruise to Alaska as well.

Have a great cruise and see ya in Seattle on the NCL Star.:)

Marcy

Hi Marcy,

We're flying in on Saturday, late evening and staying next to the airport. They have a shuttle to the port on Sunday.

After the Cruise we plan to stay 3 days in Seattle touring.:)

Extended Vacation.

We have a Roll Call for 5-21-06 Cruise if you would like to join us.

Helen

Hello Happy Traveler 60 and Marcy --

My husband and I are first time cruisers, and we'll be on the same cruise. We are really excited. My mother, and a sister and her husband will also be on the cruise. We are all celebrating my sister's 50th bday and her and her hubby's 5th anniversary, and mine and mine's 10th anniversary (on the 25th). We're very excited! My mother has received her cruise docs, but we haven't yet. Is it normal to get the docs only 2-3 weeks before the cruise? We have no idea what to expect. Any pointers for us newbies?

-- Paulette / SF Area

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hello Happy Traveler 60 and Marcy --

My husband and I are first time cruisers, and we'll be on the same cruise. We are really excited. My mother, and a sister and her husband will also be on the cruise. We are all celebrating my sister's 50th bday and her and her hubby's 5th anniversary, and mine and mine's 10th anniversary (on the 25th). We're very excited! My mother has received her cruise docs, but we haven't yet. Is it normal to get the docs only 2-3 weeks before the cruise? We have no idea what to expect. Any pointers for us newbies?

-- Paulette / SF Area

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Welcome CVArmyMom:)

We have not received our docs yet, and I did read somewhere that some people do not receive their docs until 2-3 weeks before. This is the first time we went through a travel agent, so I don't know what to expect.

My Husband and I are celebrating our 44th anniversary on the 19th of May, this is our gift to each other.

Come join us on our 5-21-06 roll call you may fine out some helpful hints.

Helen

Hi Marcy --

We too received our docs for the 5/21 sailing last week. With everything taken care of so early, I don't know what to do with myself! We are also flying in on the 19th to get an early start on the vacation! Now, I am just trying to decide whether to bite the bullet and take the upsell we were just offered - from AD to AA!

Can't wait!

We booked direct with NCL so maybe that's why we got our docs early. I guess if you book with a travel agent the docs are mailed to them and then they contact you so that might take a few more days.

We have always booked direct with the cruise lines we have sailed on, but still this is the first time the docs have came this early.

I'll be sure and check out the Roll Call boards tonight when I get home from work.

Want be long now.

My son & his wife and my grandson sailed out yesterday on the Disney Wonder, their first cruise and they were so excited. Hope they are having fun.

Marcy

Hi Marcy --

We too received our docs for the 5/21 sailing last week. With everything taken care of so early, I don't know what to do with myself! We are also flying in on the 19th to get an early start on the vacation! Now, I am just trying to decide whether to bite the bullet and take the upsell we were just offered - from AD to AA!

Can't wait!

What did you decide about the upsell? That sounds really great if you could be in an owner's suite! Let us know what happens!

We're in an AE the week after you but I don't think I'd give it up since we really want to try an aft cabin overlooking the wake. And our wrap-around balcony looks really nice!

today for our first ever cruise; on the Sun May 20th. Does it feel this great everytime?!;) Just did spring cleaning.....now I know where everything is that I need to pack (plus created a shopping list a mile long). Booked thru NCL....never dreamed they would be here this early! You guys got me all excited with your postings about receiving yours(since we are sailing at about the same time). Was wondering if ours would be here soon as well......lo and behold, a lovely fed-ex package delivered today while I was at work. Poor DH......I made him wait to open it until I got home so we could do it together. He kept calling me and saying "hurry up" or "are you almost done?" He was as excited as I was! Hope you all have a wonderful trip!

PS...anyone else on the Sun May 20th? Hardly anyone has posted on the roll call.:rolleyes:

Hi Brunolvr -

The offer was tempting but we couldn't give up our aft penthouse. And we can use that extra $900 for shipboard expenses. Perhaps we will book an AA for the Mexican Riviera or Hawaii itinerary next year.

Yes, $900 will pay for some good excursions and take care of a lot of your expenses! Have you had an aft penthouse before?

Is this your first cruise to Alaska? I know you'll have a great time!

Have a wonderful cruise!

Yes, $900 will pay for some good excursions and take care of a lot of your expenses! Have you had an aft penthouse before?

Is this your first cruise to Alaska? I know you'll have a great time!

Have a wonderful cruise!

Yes - the $900 will cover a lot considering our shore excursions will cost 3 times as much as we have ever spent on excursions in 4 cruises! But I am sure they will be worth every penny. And yes to both of your questions - our first cruise to Alaska and first aft penthouse! I'm sure it will be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation!

Definitely once in a lifetime vacation...until your next cruise, of course. And there WILL be a next one! : )

So true. All of our friends make fun us because we are cruise junkies - since our first cruise in 2002, we have taken one every year since. I think it is just a matter of time before it ends up being two per year! I think we will move to Florida when we retire to take advantage of those last minute flash fares.

I won't be on the same cruise as you, but will see you anyway. Living in Seattle, we get to see the ships every weekend during the AK cruise season. So, after you leave the pier in Seattle, and round the bend (about 20-30 minutes later) and see a little lighthouse, and hundreds of boats moored, you can start waving at me.

We'll be on the Star for the second time in June.

Have fun!

Hikini:D

I won't be on the same cruise as you, but will see you anyway. Living in Seattle, we get to see the ships every weekend during the AK cruise season. So, after you leave the pier in Seattle, and round the bend (about 20-30 minutes later) and see a little lighthouse, and hundreds of boats moored, you can start waving at me.

We'll be on the Star for the second time in June.

Have fun!

Hikini:D

Are you talking about the lighthouse near Port Townsend? Let me know where you'll be and I'll be waving!

Archived