Price reduction after final payment?

Hobby3333

I just made my payment in full one week ago.   Today I saw that my suite is $298.00 cheaper.  I did a chat with Princess and was told that I would be able to get the reduction.  I did make a copy of the chat.  I then called my TA and she called Princess and was told that it was not possible to get the reduced fare or OBC.  She even sent the rep a copy of the chat.  Has anyone had a reduction in fare after final payment?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

I just made my payment in full one week ago.   Today I saw that my suite is $298.00 cheaper.  I did a chat with Princess and was told that I would be able to get the reduction.  I did make a copy of the chat.  I then called my TA and she called Princess and was told that it was not possible to get the reduced fare or OBC.  She even sent the rep a copy of the chat.  Has anyone had a reduction in fare after final payment?

How far in advance of your final payment did you make your final payment?

What matters is not when you make your final payment, but when the required final payment date of your cruise is. If it is before the required final payment you should be able to reprice the cruise to the current terms weither you have made your final payment or not, if it is after the final payment due date then no.

So if you made your final payment close to the due date then you might have been able to when you called, but not when your ta called.

Or getting the current price might have had other less favorable terms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZaTaz said:

Did the fare say for only new bookings?  That may have been the issue

As long as one booked with a refundable deposit and it is before the final payment due date you can always cancel and make a new booking. As long as there are cabins available in the same class.

• Like 1