Pacific Explorer Freo To Freo

46 minutes ago, dazadelaide said:

P&O are definately at the lower end of the cruising experience but it still is very good value for money so we will keep on using them as well as other lines into the future.

Daz

I've yet to see the value for money. I think they charge outrageous prices for solo travellers, that is exactly double so in effect you are paying double port fees or more than double for the cabin whichever way you want to look at it. Also they seem to be rather limited in what they offer solo travellers with most cruises sold out when you enter 1 person into the booking form. I'm paying 4.2K for a solo balcony for 11 nights. Hardly a bargain but not too bad. They do have specials but as mentioned they are not available to solo travellers. I guess they want to fill the rooms with folks who'll pay $100+ for booze everyday. Well its the only affordable ship leaving from Melb next January so its go on the Explorer or stay home. I'm actually looking forward to see what I make of it as I read so many differing opinions.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 11:16 AM, MicCanberra said:

I have met some rude people on cruise ships but they have tended to be passengers. And as for people complaing of bad service when staff are clicked at is just disrespectful.

Couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

We did our first (and probably last) P & O cruise - Pacific Adventure, Singapore to Sydney in March.  I was very disappointed in many aspects.  Food was not up to scratch in either the MDR or food hall thing that has replaced the buffet.  I was also not impressed with the level of cleanliness and the lack of somewhere quiet and comfortable to sit and just read was disappointing too.  Fortunately, we had a balcony and spent many pleasant hours whiling away the time and reading in peace.  The ridiculously low temperatures in some of the venues was awful - we renamed the Adventure Hotel to the Arctic Hotel.  On the upside our cabin was wonderful, very spacious and heaps of storage space.  

• Like 3