Just Back From 18 Day Transatlantic on Seaview

brucevr6

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

brucevr6 was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

This was our first experience with MSC after 21 cruises on other cruise lines , and I have to say , based on reading reviews here, I was a bit apprehensive. However, I can honestly say we had a great time, the ship was beautiful…and spotlessly clean…and I wouldn’t hesitate to sail with MSC again. 
That being said, there were a couple of things that I didn’t like so much, like the smallest shower I have seen on a cruise ship, and the weird closet design, but neither of those are very important in the scheme of things !! Our cabin attendant, Jati from Indonesia, was great, and it was really nice having service twice a day again!! The food in the dining room was generally hit or miss, with some dishes being really good and others…well, not so good. But we were never hungry and always found something good to eat even if only at the buffet. My attitude is that if I don’t have to cook it, or clean up afterwards, it has to be pretty bad for me to complain!! 

The entertainment was, bar none, the best and most consistent that I have ever seen on a ship. I’ve seen good shows on every cruise line, but to see 16 excellent shows in a row was something I surely didn’t expect. ( There was no show the first night, and we skipped one night because we were tired, so 16 shows out of our 18 nights ). The dancers and singers onboard, as well as the acrobats , ventriloquists and musicians, in our opinion at least ( all three of us agree), were exceptional in each of the nightly shows. Couldn’t have asked for more. 

Most of the time the buffet was busy, but not crowded. A few times it seemed like everyone decided to eat there at the same time, so a bit more of a challenge navigating the lines, but again, for us, not a problem. We were on vacation and didn’t have someplace else to be !! 

We liked the size of the ship, but are sure that even after all that time, there are places we didn’t discover. The water slide area was fun and bowling at sea was a blast too. Poolside entertainment was very good too, so no complaints there either. 

It was good to see that the crew took care to ensure that not many interlopers from the Yacht Club escaped into the general population, so that was a bonus too 😂!! 

The crossing itself was smooth and uneventful…calm seas and warm weather… like the other three T/A’s that I’ve done. It was kinda funny that at one port I was speaking to another couple who said they would never do another T/A because it was so rough. Go figure!! It’s a boat moving on the ocean, so yes, I felt some movement at times, but nothing I could consider rough. Slept soundly each night !! 

So, from my perspective, I would take most of the negative reviews with a grain of salt and just check it out for yourself. That’s the only way to know if this cruise line is for you. We had very little interaction with Guest Services onboard, and what we had was friendly and helpful. The photo department staff were especially friendly, and not pushy at all. The rest of the staff were a bit “ distant “ but they were friendly when approached, and efficient. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I love the sea days too, and for the same reason. The time went by fast as it always does, but we had a great time anyway. Highly recommend a T/A for any cruisers who have been reluctant.