Excursions ...But not thru Carnival

On 4/30/2024 at 12:32 PM, topaz123 said:

Thanks to all....superb suggestions.....WE are looking at CURCAO for excurions.  

I highly, highly recommend a tour with Gone Caribe in Curacao. We found them through these boards - which is where I've found all of my excursions in nine cruises, never a Carnival one - and it was one of my favorites we've ever done. 

On 4/30/2024 at 6:51 AM, topaz123 said:

Are there other excursions available for ports NOT thru carnival. Found a few sites that offer some better iteneraries that work best for us, but did not want to go with someone less reliable.   DO you know of an alternative tour site for our stops?

We have often found reliable guides or excursions for a port by reading the board for the port here under Ports of Call. That works well for the frequently visited ports. There are also posts where people describe what they did on their own in a port. 

If it's an unusual port (we often travel on a small ship line where some of the ports aren't visited by bigger ships) sometimes we get responses by starting your on post on the relevant Port of Call or by asking on the board For that cruise line.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, new_cruiser said:

We have often found reliable guides or excursions for a port by reading the board for the port here under Ports of Call. That works well for the frequently visited ports. There are also posts where people describe what they did on their own in a port. 

If it's an unusual port (we often travel on a small ship line where some of the ports aren't visited by bigger ships) sometimes we get responses by starting your on post on the relevant Port of Call or by asking on the board For that cruise line.

GReat idea......was not impressed by bulk of Carnival excursions....we did a quick tour at cayman  on a local open air jitney.....about half the price of Carnie and more visits to sites. Thanki for the help

Edited by topaz123