Encore - allowed to stand at aft railing if not playing laser tag?

I'm sailing Encore in a couple weeks, and I was disappointed to see that there's no Spice H2o. On Bliss I enjoyed hanging out at the rear of the ship and watching the scenery go by. Looking at photos, there is a section with a rail that is outside the laser tag walls. Can I stand there if I'm not waiting to play laser tag? 

If Laser Tag is not open, then it’s generally allowed to use the space however you want.

If it’s open, you can’t go back there without paying for the session (and then only for the length of the session).

• Like 1

I really expect the laser tag to be removed at the next dry dock, much like they did with Joy.

Any time we looked in on Encore or Joy it was deserted, much like American Diner and Galaxy Pavilion.

Expanded spa and Spice H2O coming? One can hope 🤞

More cabins / less observation lounge? Sure hope not 👎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drumming cruisers said:

Encore has the waterfront on deck 8, both sides of the ship. VERY nice. Never very crowded. Also outdoor dining areas. 

waterfront.jpg

I forgot about the waterfront! I barely used the waterfront on Bliss until the last day, thanks for reminding me!

3 hours ago, Brian V said:

I really expect the laser tag to be removed at the next dry dock, much like they did with Joy.

Any time we looked in on Encore or Joy it was deserted, much like American Diner and Galaxy Pavilion.

Expanded spa and Spice H2O coming? One can hope 🤞

More cabins / less observation lounge? Sure hope not 👎

I hope they replace laser tag with Spice H2O. As a regular passenger not paying for anything extra, it's a little upsetting to see that you only get to use about one-fifth of the total deck space on the top level. I mean, Vibe and Haven take up a huge area up top, and then to take away the remainder for laser tag and go-carts seems a little absurd. Why is laser tag even outdoors? Isn't half the fun seeing the lasers pierce through the artificial fog in a dark enclosed area? I also find the go-carts to be very underwhelming, you can't see the water at all from the track. I'd much rather have a tiny roller coaster like they have on Carnival, because then you get the thrill of realizing you're perched high above the water. Plus that would free up a ton of deck space.  

• Like 1