Pearl Athens to Venice

We have the Pearl booked Athens to Venice this summer. What themed nights should we expect?  Do they have a white party?  Will the men need long pants for the restaurants?  I plan to bring dresses/skirts since it will be so warm so I’m not worried about myself. (We have 10 nights in Italy pre-cruise) I know dh is planning on brining one pair of long pants to enter the churches and such, mostly while staying in Rome. Is one pair sufficient for him. We’re going to attempt to do all carry on for the first time!  I’m hoping they will have a silent disco. They are SO fun!!  

12 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We have the Pearl booked Athens to Venice this summer. What themed nights should we expect?  Do they have a white party?  Will the men need long pants for the restaurants?  I plan to bring dresses/skirts since it will be so warm so I’m not worried about myself. (We have 10 nights in Italy pre-cruise) I know dh is planning on brining one pair of long pants to enter the churches and such, mostly while staying in Rome. Is one pair sufficient for him. We’re going to attempt to do all carry on for the first time!  I’m hoping they will have a silent disco. They are SO fun!!  

I think this trip would be the perfect time to not pack much in clothing, and purchase unique clothes while in Italy for that long period of time.  I always try to buy some unique article of clothing.  Italy/Greece have wonderful lightweight clothing for men and women.  While visiting churches, make sure  women's shoulders are covered ( might buy a nice shawl )

1 minute ago, 9tee2Sea said:

I think this trip would be the perfect time to not pack much in clothing, and purchase unique clothes while in Italy for that long period of time.  I always try to buy some unique article of clothing.  Italy/Greece have wonderful lightweight clothing for men and women.  While visiting churches, make sure  women's shoulders are covered ( might buy a nice shawl )

My friend gave me a beautiful scarf I plan to bring for churches, if needed. Our plan is to travel there with carry on and then maybe purchase a suitcase or backpack to bring home new purchases. I’ve already “warned” him that I plan to do some shopping. 

• Like 1

If you have time while in Venice, take the vapparetto over to Murano.  Tour the glass blowing factory and stroll the quaint streets.  Not as hectic as Venice.  NCL does have a White Party, but I think it's called Glow ( it's on the pool deck at night).  Have fun....10 days in Italy, how can you not!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1