Suggestions for Victoria BC port on June 13th from 5:30pm-Midnight

Hello!  We will be docked at Victoria BC on my 60th birthday.  Can anyone recommend somewhere within distance of cruise dock to find a special treat for my birthday…that is open late in evening?  I saw that all the chocolate tours are in the mornings…and many chocolate shops are closed in evenings (per their websites).  Any suggestions for something special for me to celebrate - just a slice or bite of something sweet to experience Victoria? We are wanting to do something simple on our own…not part of a cruise tour.  Thanks

When in Victoria in the evenings to satisfy the PVSA requirement we generally walk down to the Bard and Banker Scottish Pub.  It is located on Government Street in a historic building.  Nice food and local beers in addition to wine.  Check their website to determine if this might be of interest.

During cruise season hours are extended in many shops in downtown Victoria, to squeeze as many pennies as possible from all you wealthy visitors!

Even now, with retail staff harder than ever to recruit and hours correspondingly reduced, the stalls in The Bay Centre - which include Purdy's, a very Canadian chocolatier - stay open until 7pm at least a couple of nights a week. Not sure of your exact date in Vic, but they do give a detail list of hours on this page - you can click through fortnightly right through the season to see exactly what the hours will be on your date.

Worst case, hit up a supermarket to buy a bunch of treats that are tricky to find in the USA but normal up here - Coffee Crisps, Kinder Eggs, weird flavours of chips. Just eat the Kinder Eggs before re-entering the states - big fines get issued every year to folks unaware of the FDAs 'no inedible items inside food' rules!

Head to the Q Lounge in the Empress Hotel for a nice drink (I can vouch for the Empress Gin).  There might even be a store in the Hotel that sells Rogers Chocolates.  I also think that the Rogers Chocolate store on Government Street might stay open longer if a ship is in town.