Keep getting bumped out when logging in to Princess.com

Posted (edited)

Sorry if this has already been addressed lately. Did a search and nothing recent came up. We are currently on Royal Princess and I can’t log in to Princess. I’m not getting the “technical difficulties” page, but just getting auto logged out as soon as I log in. Asked at the IT place downstairs and he said it’s been an issue for the last few days. I think it’s strange that there’s been no mention on CC if it is truly an issue. A few days while using an eSIM in port, I had no trouble, but now on ship wifi I can’t log in. The “deals” page also comes up blank, likely as I’m not logged in so it has no location for me. 
Is anyone else having this issue, or is it an onboard issue?

Edited by sunviking90

I am also on the Royal currently and yes it has happened to me. I sign in and I am immediately logged off. I was able to login last week on board but not now. This has happened on previous cruises then ok when I get home. On my last cruise I went to internet person for help. He could do nothing. The forced logoff must come from Princess. Is it they do not want us on personalizer while at sea? Weird!

I went to the Internet Cafe and used a computer to get free access to my account. No problem!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

Sorry if this has already been addressed lately. Did a search and nothing recent came up. We are currently on Royal Princess and I can’t log in to Princess. I’m not getting the “technical difficulties” page, but just getting auto logged out as soon as I log in. Asked at the IT place downstairs and he said it’s been an issue for the last few days. I think it’s strange that there’s been no mention on CC if it is truly an issue. A few days while using an eSIM in port, I had no trouble, but now on ship wifi I can’t log in. The “deals” page also comes up blank, likely as I’m not logged in so it has no location for me. 
Is anyone else having this issue, or is it an onboard issue?

19 minutes ago, emmak8 said:

I am also on the Royal currently and yes it has happened to me. I sign in and I am immediately logged off. I was able to login last week on board but not now. This has happened on previous cruises then ok when I get home. On my last cruise I went to internet person for help. He could do nothing. The forced logoff must come from Princess. Is it they do not want us on personalizer while at sea? Weird!

I went to the Internet Cafe and used a computer to get free access to my account. No problem!

I had the same issue on the Discovery in March for the roundtrip Hawaii cruise.  The problem occurred due to the time on my iPhone being inconsistent.  I went to my settings and hard set the time according to my home state/time zone and was able to stay logged in rather than being immediately logged out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting about time settings! That's it! 

I  changed the time on my ipad as we are crossing the Pacific. I will return to my home time zone and see what happens!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emmak8 said:

Thanks for posting about time settings! That's it! 

I  changed the time on my ipad as we are crossing the Pacific. I will return to my home time zone and see what happens!

I am glad to be of some help.  I was lost when I hit this issue and tried clearing my cache and all the usual stuff, and nothing worked.   On a whim I tried setting the time.   

Problem solved! I set my device back to my home time and date. I can sign in to my Princess account! Now on the ship I will ask others for the correct time. 

• Like 1

Thank you! Changed my iPad back to Vancouver time and all is well. I’ll just leave my phone with the ship time.  Interesting that the ship “IT” people don’t know this. It makes complete sense as we are having time changes every day for 6 days! 

• Like 1

Glad you posted this and thanks for the workaround.  I'll put it in the notes for our November cruise to Australia/NewZealand.  Down under is a BUNCH of time zones away from Texas!