Grand Princess pulled from Australia 2025/26

They didn’t even attempt to reschedule me with an alternative. They just cancelled and refunded us. Seems like a missed opportunity to me. We were booked on an 8 NZ. The full 12 day is still going ahead, I’m surprised they just cancelled on me.  

On 5/19/2024 at 10:24 PM, Dunchues said:

My alternative with promised similar itinerary trip came through, instead of L.A. to Sydney it is now L.A. to L.A. via Hawaii and South Pacific so no similarity at all really. Very disappointed but not really surprised. 

I'm so sorry this happened to you.  That is not a similar cruise.  NCL cancelled our 2025 cruise last year, and did not have plans of what they were doing instead (or at least didn't announce it), but they offered us the ability to move to a 2024 sailing with an almost identical itinerary at a 20% discount.  Luckily this worked for us, since I really love the ship that we were sailing. They also offered a 10% off of any cruise before the end of 2025 as an apology. Having the price stay the same or go down for those who were able to get the same itinerary on a different ship, but there is nothing for those where the itinerary changed (like you) or those who really preferred the other ship. I was really upset with NCL, but it seems like none of the cruise lines are safe for bucket list cruises where you pick something special way ahead of time and build other parts of your trip off of it. So sad.

2 hours ago, alwalaska said:

I'm so sorry this happened to you.  That is not a similar cruise.  NCL cancelled our 2025 cruise last year, and did not have plans of what they were doing instead (or at least didn't announce it), but they offered us the ability to move to a 2024 sailing with an almost identical itinerary at a 20% discount.  Luckily this worked for us, since I really love the ship that we were sailing. They also offered a 10% off of any cruise before the end of 2025 as an apology. Having the price stay the same or go down for those who were able to get the same itinerary on a different ship, but there is nothing for those where the itinerary changed (like you) or those who really preferred the other ship. I was really upset with NCL, but it seems like none of the cruise lines are safe for bucket list cruises where you pick something special way ahead of time and build other parts of your trip off of it. So sad.

At least they made a real attempt to treat you properly and show a bit more than words by offering discounts. I do understand plans may have to change especially when they're made so far ahead, but I think how a company treats those it affects says a lot about it. I ended up booking another Princess cruise from the west coast to Singapore,  10% shorter and 10% costlier but the only remotely similar trip in a three month period.  No discount, declined to honor offer to hold price if alternative cruise was higher cost, not even 50$ obc to make me feel a bit better, nada! I'm glad you were treated sensibly,  and I'm looking forward to my trip all the same!

15 hours ago, Dunchues said:

At least they made a real attempt to treat you properly and show a bit more than words by offering discounts. I do understand plans may have to change especially when they're made so far ahead, but I think how a company treats those it affects says a lot about it. I ended up booking another Princess cruise from the west coast to Singapore,  10% shorter and 10% costlier but the only remotely similar trip in a three month period.  No discount, declined to honor offer to hold price if alternative cruise was higher cost, not even 50$ obc to make me feel a bit better, nada! I'm glad you were treated sensibly,  and I'm looking forward to my trip all the same!

Yes, I was very surprised that NCL actually did better by us than Princess is doing for you and the others involved.  I would expect more from Princess.