Wifi speeds

Hi

I can see Ambassador has relatively recently overhauled their wifi packages meaning there is now 3 tiers: https://www.ambassadorcruiseline.com/on-board-experience/whats-on-board/wifi/

Has anyone any experience of the speeds on each package tier? 

I wonder if the value has a speed boost over the basic package or if not, how they enforce the no "browsing" while allowing "emails" (there's so many email providers, I doubt they've whitelisted them all specifically) and "messaging" to continue to function, does suggest there's a speed difference but the FAQ says "Premium plan users will benefit from faster speeds" and doesn't mention speed in relation to the other tiers.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing as I will be going on Ambassador for the first time on Thursday so I don't know for sure, but looking at their website says that they have rolled out Starlink on both ships so the speeds should be much better than previously (consistent with my experience on other cruise lines at least).

Theoretically the basic plan might limit you to only the relevant internet ports (ports as in the technical networking term) so that you can pick up your email on the email app on your phone, but your browser doesn't work.  However I doubt this as they would probably have to declare it in the FAQ - it's probably more like you just get a bit faster speed but not as fast as Premium.

Looks like not many Ambassador customers post on these forums so I'm not sure if anyone will answer.