Silvesea—what have been your experiences.

On 5/17/2024 at 10:18 PM, pugetmandm said:

Taking the Silversea Ray to Greece and Turkey. Any tips to share with us?

It was one of my least favorite cruises.Rocky ship.Stuffy people .No gay life at all.Not worth the money.

20 hours ago, Edsny said:

It was one of my least favorite cruises.Rocky ship.Stuffy people .No gay life at all.Not worth the money.

No offence, just curious.  Are you cruising for the "gay life" or for the destination, culture, and food?

Can you expand on "stuffy people"?  

Posted (edited)

I will respond,since you are Canadian.Grew up on Lake Ontario.NY side.Never met a mean Canadian.

1.Not cruising for gay life.Not into bars.

2.Been on over 140 cruises.Not the destination.

3.Have a degree in culinary arts.So,yes food.Dont care about culture.

4.Mainly rich snobs and elitists.Had an English lady ask me,How can you afford this cruise.She was a stranger.I dont wear jewelery or care about clothes.

Edited by Edsny
spelling
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Edsny said:

I will respond,since you are Canadian.Grew up on Lake Ontario.NY side.Never met a mean Canadian.

1.Not cruising for gay life.Not into bars.

2.Been on over 140 cruises.Not the destination.

3.Have a degree in culinary arts.So,yes food.Dont care about culture.

4.Mainly rich snobs and elitists.Had an English lady ask me,How can you afford this cruise.She was a stranger.I dont wear jewelery or care about clothes.

I know some mean Canadians... will introduce you one day!  Haha.

You would think after 140 cruises you would be immune to snobs?  I find them everywhere I go.  New money, old money, no money, and middle class all have snobs.

If someone asked me how I could afford this cruise my response would be:

"Oh, you know, I've been surviving on a diet of ramen noodles and dreams for years.  Turns out, dreams pay dividends if you wait long enough and eat enough ramen."

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Edsny said:

Cousins were in Watertown NY and we spent many a summer week or weekend there.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Pride, fellow LGBTQIA+ and allies!  Hi, Silversea Management and Board!

Silversea management and staff finally are seeing us (and our pink/lavendar currency). and have noted that amongst the crew there are many great staff who also live under the rainbow. 

In 10 years, overt and covert homophobia has gone from genteel issues and ignoring us to a few events, barely and rarely noticeable, for both guests and crew. We attended the inaugural LGBTQIA+ afternoon meeting, hosted on a Japan to Alaska transpacific by a charming cruise director. Before that, 20 gentlemen with this common interest congregated for fun drinks a few times, on a transatlantic cruise before  formal dinners.

We look after your bank accounts, nurse your wounds, operate on your children, teach the youth, comfort the elderly. On Silversea we celebrate our 20th anniversaries with style. We are part of one  world, a world  of equity, diversity and inclusion. 

it. Just. Works.