No Submit Button

Went to reply to a poster on the roll call forum but does not show a submit button. Only shows the usual Forum Jump. Very unusual as I managed to join the roll call earlier. the roll call is for the " Quantum of the seas November 19th 2024 -Singapore to Brisbane. Any help appreciated.

Thank you John.

7 hours ago, JohnGc said:

Went to reply to a poster on the roll call forum but does not show a submit button. Only shows the usual Forum Jump. Very unusual as I managed to join the roll call earlier. the roll call is for the " Quantum of the seas November 19th 2024 -Singapore to Brisbane. Any help appreciated.

Thank you John.

Hello @JohnGc

First of all, all Cruise Critic members must be logged in to be able to post on any of the Cruise Critic Roll Calls. Without being logged in, a member can only read the Roll Calls and cannot post.

If you want to address a particular post already in the Roll Call thread, you need to use the Quote feature on that post as I did yours above. That way all will be aware of what your post concerns since both the quote and your message will appear in a post.

Click the Quote function on the post you want to address. When the Message Reply box opens, the quote appears in a box at the top. You type your message UNDER the quote box. When done with your message, click the dark blue Submit Reply button. If the member you quoted has used the Follow feature on the thread, they will get a notification that you have replied to their post.

suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will also not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) But first before you Follow a thread or forum, be sure your Cruise Critic email address is current and valid. If not, click here: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

For more information about Quotes & Multi-Quotes, please click here: How to: Reply to a Topic / Quote / Multi-Quote. It is one of the many pinned threads toward the top of the first page of this forum.

Hope this will be helpful!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

3 hours ago, Host Kat said:

Hello @JohnGc

First of all, all Cruise Critic members must be logged in to be able to post on any of the Cruise Critic Roll Calls. Without being logged in, a member can only read the Roll Calls and cannot post.

If you want to address a particular post already in the Roll Call thread, you need to use the Quote feature on that post as I did yours above. That way all will be aware of what your post concerns since both the quote and your message will appear in a post.

Click the Quote function on the post you want to address. When the Message Reply box opens, the quote appears in a box at the top. You type your message UNDER the quote box. When done with your message, click the dark blue Submit Reply button. If the member you quoted has used the Follow feature on the thread, they will get a notification that you have replied to their post.

suggest you use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads or forums where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will also not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) But first before you Follow a thread or forum, be sure your Cruise Critic email address is current and valid. If not, click here: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

For more information about Quotes & Multi-Quotes, please click here: How to: Reply to a Topic / Quote / Multi-Quote. It is one of the many pinned threads toward the top of the first page of this forum.

Hope this will be helpful!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Thank you Kat. It was very strange. I was logged in, I actually went directly to the Australian / New Zealand forum when I could not submit on the Roll Call and posted ok. Went back to the roll call this morning and all worked fine. Maybe not good practice but as I am frequently on C.C I stay logged in. Thank you for your help and quick reply, it is much appreciated.  🙂

John 

• Thanks 1