Silver Moon restaurant opinions?

Winemaker_1

Posted (edited)

Restaurant reservations are now open on our upcoming Silver Moon cruise.  I'm hoping experienced "Silver Mooners" (does that sound obscene?) would share their opinions.  We've booked at least one night each at Silver Note, La Terrazza and La Dame so far.  We will be eating in Atlantide and will try the SALT restaurant also.  Thanks!

This is our first SS cruise.

Edited by Winemaker_1

My wife and I are traveling on the Silver Moon to Athens at the end of June.

I have not been on this vessel before but did travel on the Silver Nova last year and enjoyed these same restaurants. All were very good. Wines were very good also.

Wine upgrades were reasonably priced. Obviously different style food in each. Dress code was easy to follow - a jacket and slacks required in a couple. Our last cruise was in early September in the Mediterranean and the weather was warm so eating outside was pleasant at a couple of the restaurants. Breakfast was in the same place (even the same table!) in the morning. Great waitstaff at all the restaurants. 

(It was interesting that we had the same waiter(s) at breakfast and dinner. Encouraging tips?)

(We mostly skipped lunch on the ship since we were off touring.) 

We went to the same small bar every evening for cocktails and got to know the bartender, who was very nice and very good. The ship had at least ten different brands of gin and every night he would make my martini with a different brand and tell me about it too!  

Wish I could give you more info about the specific foods in each restaurant but, as I stated earlier, it was all good. And, I did the same as you for this upcoming Silver Moon cruise, i.e. made a rez wherever we could.  Enjoy you trip!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1