Europe / Voyager questions

My wife and I, along with friends are debating on the Nov 4 2006 Voyager cruise. I have never traveled abroad, but have sailed many times in the Carribbean and So America.

I have questions on the European Voyager sailing....

Is US $ accepted on the ship, we are leaving from Barcelona and return to Barcelona?

What is the weather like in Barcelona, Marseille, Nice, Florence, Rome and Naples in November?

Any suggested tours and are they done in english?

We are looking at the Jr. Suite on the "hump"..

Has anyone ever done this cruise .... would welcome any suggestions....

We are doing our own air and plan on arriving a couple of days early, just to be on the safe side!

hi, we did the exact itinary in 0ct 04 only on the splendour. the weather was fabulous. from what i can remember its all u.s dollars on board. we did not do any ships tours as our luggage was lost & we spent much of our time shopping for clothing. we just took trips into nice & naples. the ship docks right next to the hydrofoil ferries in naples where you can just purchase a ticket to capri or sorrento i think. in villefranche we tendered ashore and from there we followed the road round the bay to the right were we found some steps leading up to a train platform. we went into nice for only a few euro,s if you head in the other direction it takes you to monte carlo. we found that most people spoke very good english. we are also doing it again this year on voyager 21st oct. you will have a great time.

We did the Splendor too, two years ago this Oct. It was the last week of Oct. The itenerary was similar. The weather was Fab. Not hot but perfect for touring the sites. The US dollar is charged on the ship. Oh yes the good o'le dollar!! (We live in England now and it sooo expensive!! anyway) We never did any RCCL excursions but did everything on our own. English is widely spoken everywhere. Going into Rome may seem a little scary on your own but we took our 2 boy's (8 & 10) in with no problem. Back to the weather, It would have been too hot in Aug. etc. There is a shuttle from the ship to the train station. Once in Rome we took a taxi to the vatican. That was a high lite. We're not Catholic but we were there on a Wed and the Pope was outside doing a Mass. Neat to have seen. After, walked like crazy but enjoyed the sites! Villafranche (not sure of the spelling) was great. Took a train(train station walking distance) to Monaco. What a place!! Check out the "boats"!! I'm jumping all over but we also went to Pisa. I've alway's wanted to see the tower ever since I was a child. Naples we just walked around shopping. You'll have a fantastic time. You will have no problem!! It's a great way to see some of Europe, with a little comfort of "home" on the ship. Enjoy!!

We did Europe last year on Jewel. We had E2 hump (smaller room) but very nice. My suggestion is take the smaller room hump (I looked and the E2 available is more centered) Side hump you can't see around the hump very well. You save $600 for room and on a European trip you probable will be out and off the ship most of the day. Only a suggestion.

Archived