Must-sees for teens in Old San Juan

Cinderellie

Hi -- we're coming in to Old San Juan on the NCL Jewel on 4/11. We have a 15 year old boy and 12 year old girl. Were hoping to get in a Duck Tour if the timing is right.

What else is a must-see for them in Old San Juan? We are there from 12:30 - 8PM.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

My son enjoys the forts. He enjoyed exploring the underground tunnels to the jail and storage rooms; the round stair cases to the turrets at the top of the fort; and standing at the top looking out over the ocean. They really are fascinating.

Hi -- we're coming in to Old San Juan on the NCL Jewel on 4/11. We have a 15 year old boy and 12 year old girl. Were hoping to get in a Duck Tour if the timing is right.

What else is a must-see for them in Old San Juan? We are there from 12:30 - 8PM.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

I would have to believe Pigeon park (Parque de las Palomas) would be cool to teenagers. I have only had ooportunity to see this via my friends video, but there is a park in OSJ, maybe others can provide more details, like how to get there, in which pidgeons are every where, they come right up and land on people eating out of their hands. It will remind you of something out of Alfred Hitchcocks the Birds, but I know his daughter, 11 at the time, loved it.

Edit: here is a website with info on it:

http://www.mytravelguide.com/attractions/profile-79358905-Puerto_Rico_San_Juan_Parque_de_las_Palomas_Pigeons_Park_.html

Archived