pre-paid visa cards

dodiebird

My daughter is going on a cruise (Imagination) in 3 weeks. She will be sailing with friends of ours and a few other teens. Will the ship accept a pre-paid visa card onboard for anything she buys.... like soda or any shore excursions she might want to do? Or can anyone recommend how I should handle this. I don't want to give her one of my charge cards as she might take "too many liberties" with it and I am trying to teach her how to budget her money. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

No- Carnival does not accept the prepaid cards. But 3 weeks -- now is the time to call 1-800-906-7603 and place the amount on her sign and sail account- dont forget to figure in the tip that will be automatically deducted at 10pp per day-- so a 5 day cruise will need 50 bucks.

She wouldnt be able to use your card onboard either as the person whose name is on the card isnt present.

A few dollars to carry with her for the ports. Not much your daughter will buy onboard except soda--- you can buy soda coupons on the gift page that will give her 4 cans of soda for 6.80

tell her chips, pretzels and stuff like that is free from room service and should tip $1.00 for when its delivered..

I would spread it out between about 1/4 amount in cash and the rest on a Visa Check Card. I would keep the cash in bills no higher than $20s.

The check card will work like an ATM and she will not have trouble getting cash.

The check card will work like an ATM and she will not have trouble getting cash.

she will just have to pay the fee to get the cash. $5.00 each time she took money out of the machine..

travelers checks is a good way to go too- she can cash these at the pursers desk for free.

Archived