Membership discount on Internet: any details?

Miss_Confused

Hi all,

I have the Western Africa trip booked (18 days) and was considering the options for Internet.

With my membership level I get either 60min or 35% towards the full trip package. For the 35% off does anyone know how that applies? Its a longer cruise and I def want a few decompression days with no internet at the start of the trip but will likely need to at least be able to answer emails, and ideally teams calls, during the second part of the voyage so considering the best option to accomplish this. Is it possible to get the full internet package discount for say 2/3 of the voyage? With NCL you can usually start it 3 days into the trip and still use the full discount so am wondering if its possible with Azamara. Or is the membership discount only applied on packages started day 1?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Miss_Confused said:

Hi all,

I have the Western Africa trip booked (18 days) and was considering the options for Internet.

With my membership level I get either 60min or 35% towards the full trip package. For the 35% off does anyone know how that applies? Its a longer cruise and I def want a few decompression days with no internet at the start of the trip but will likely need to at least be able to answer emails, and ideally teams calls, during the second part of the voyage so considering the best option to accomplish this. Is it possible to get the full internet package discount for say 2/3 of the voyage? With NCL you can usually start it 3 days into the trip and still use the full discount so am wondering if its possible with Azamara. Or is the membership discount only applied on packages started day 1?

Yes in my experience, you can purchase with your percentage discount partway through the cruise. I did just this last month on Journey.
It was a port intensive cruise so used my phone providers package on land but about 4 days before end of cruise I wanted to use it more whilst at sea. I clicked on full voyage unlimited package and the price quoted reflected just 4 remaining days. My 75% loyalty discount was then applied upon completion.

BTW when you receive your key cards in the little leather holders , there is a paper card with a QR code on to scan and log into internet sign up. Worked very well.

Edited by combine
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, combine said:

Yes in my experience, you can purchase with your percentage discount partway through the cruise. I did just this last month on Journey.
It was a port intensive cruise so used my phone providers package on land but about 4 days before end of cruise I wanted to use it more whilst at sea. I clicked on full voyage unlimited package and the price quoted reflected just 4 remaining days. My 75% loyalty discount was then applied upon completion.

BTW when you receive your key cards in the little leather holders , there is a paper card with a QR code on to scan and log into internet sign up. Worked very well.

That sounds brilliant! Thank you for the information

How was the wifi? Not looking to stream or anything like that but want to be aware if it will be one of those loading for 10min situations haha

3 minutes ago, Miss_Confused said:

That sounds brilliant! Thank you for the information

How was the wifi? Not looking to stream or anything like that but want to be aware if it will be one of those loading for 10min situations haha

To be honest it was fine for what I wanted . Emails, Facebook, watched a few links, read newspaper online,WhatsApp etc.

There is an upgraded offer available called Unlimited Plus for an extra $9 per day, if you are into serious file downloading. We have not used that but in the past husband managed a zoom meeting in our cabin in Turkey on the regular wifi and it was perfect, no delay or interruption and  no one had any idea he wasnt at home ! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

there are two levels of wifi - the standard (which might be ok for checking email but possibly not for teams calls (may depend on how many others are accessing at same time). Your free minutes/discount will be on the standard.

then there is the premium which is an additional $8.95 per day. I usually start with the standard but find I get frustrated and need the premium for working....and still use 4G when in port instead.

Edited by Scots Caz
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Scots Caz said:

there are two levels of wifi - the standard (which might be ok for checking email but possibly not for teams calls (may depend on how many others are accessing at same time). Your free minutes/discount will be on the standard.

then there is the premium which is an additional $8.95 per day. I usually start with the standard but find I get frustrated and need the premium for working....and still use 4G when in port instead.

Thank you Scots! Ill be trying to keep the work to a minimum but may have to cave haha