hotel in san juan

where is the closest hotel to the port where royal caribbean adventure of the seas will be docked? we are on the 4/16/06 sailing. i am looking at the sheraton old san juan. is that within walking distance? if not, does anyone have ideas? thank you:)

We were on Serenade last Nov. - RCL ships embark/debark at Pan Am pier which is on the other side of the harbor.....nothing near there.

See this to get an idea.... www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp

You cannot walk there. It is personal preference but I would stay in old San Juan (Sheraton is good) as it is such a neat area near forts, shops, restaurants and clubs.... but not the beach.. Its a tradeoff.

Old San Juan is approximately 15 square blocks and taxi to port - I think we paid $20.00 incl luggage (they charge extra per piece) from El Convento. That is per taxi not per person - there were 4 of us and a mountain of luggage.

The Caribe Hilton and Condado Plaza are closest to the pier, but still not within walking distance. There are plent of hotels between the airport and the pier which are nice. We really liked the Intercontinental. Great pool, nice rooms, lots of things nearby and a short cab ride to Old San Juan. We also stayed at the Condado Plaza. The pool area was really nice, but the older building within the hotel wasn't great. There is a newer building with guest rooms, and if we stayed there again I would request that building instead.

where is the closest hotel to the port where royal caribbean adventure of the seas will be docked? we are on the 4/16/06 sailing. i am looking at the sheraton old san juan. is that within walking distance? if not, does anyone have ideas? thank you:)

Depends on where it's docked. If it's at the Pan American pier, nothing is within walking distance and you can't really walk there, since it's located on one side of an airport. Closest hotels to the Pan American pier are the Caribe Hilton and the Normandie.

The Sheraton Old San Juan is in Old San Juan and right next to the pier where Carnival and Princess ships dock, but that doesn't help if you're sailing Royal Caribbean. Old San Juan is really neat to explore, I'd rather be there than in someplace like Condado. Taxis are ubiquitous and fairly reasonable, I'd stay at the Sheraton and take a cab to the pier.

Walking or cabbing all depends where your ship docks. If unlucky, you'll be at the Pan American Peir which is a 15 minute cab ride to your hotel (and not walkable).

Whereas if you are at the older ports, you can walk it (it'll be tough in the heat and with all those bags) if your inclinded.

We were on Serenade last Nov. - RCL ships embark/debark at Pan Am pier which is on the other side of the harbor.....nothing near there.

You cannot walk there. It is personal preference but I would stay in old San Juan (Sheraton is good) as it is such a neat area near forts, shops, restaurants and clubs.... but not the beach.. Its a tradeoff.

Old San Juan is approximately 15 square blocks and taxi to port - I think we paid $20.00 incl luggage (they charge extra per piece) from El Convento. That is per taxi not per person - there were 4 of us and a mountain of luggage.

Thank you for the link. It was great to get an idea of what the locations/distances are.

thanks so much for the link. it was just what we needed!

Just sailed in October and I was surprised how that pier could be so far away while still being so close. The roads take you on a scenic tour, it would be closer to swim to the ship from OSJ.

So you will not be walking. Sorry, I wanted to walk to the ship too. I think it was about $15 by taxi from El Convento. El Convento has unpredictable service so I don't know if I recommend it.

Pick the hotel you want, none are all that close, but things close to OSJ are the closest.

Have fun.

Archived