Tour guides in Aruba?

terryde

Does anyone have any recommendations for tour guides in Aruba? We are there May 26 from 8am to 10pm- want to do Palm Beach in the afternoon and party at night - but how about a good morning tour for sights of the island? Would appreciate any ideas.

We were there in February 2006 and we hired Rocky to tour the island from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. He's a great guide who gives you a lot of local color and would recommend him. He drives a Hyundai van and is located outside the protected pier area - where only pax & other authorized personnel and some vendors are allowed - near the Diamond International Store.

Have a great trip...Harvey

Just came back from my 7 day cruise late Saturday night. I was in aruba Thurs. I would recommend going outside the protected fenced in area and get a tour. It is cheaper and you hit the same sites. I paid $15usd and got a 2 1/2 hour tour. The lady that took us was Valencia. She took us to the rock formations, we saw the oldest church in Aruba, She showed us different things from vegetation to the cactus fencing, we went to the north shore and saw lava rocks and the strong waves crashing up on the beach. We went to the Natural land bridge. By the way it fell last year. They do have a smaller bridge that is still intact though. Then we went by the California Light house and went by all the beaches(palm, baby, and cant remember the other ones) We drove by all the resorts etc.... We were able to get off and take pictures a couple of times. All in all it was a great tour and cheap at that. Remember go outside the protected area. on the inside of the protected area we got prices from $20 all the way to $60 for the same tour.....only $15 outside the gate and well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Basically all you have to do is walk. They will approach you. They also have a map to show you where they will be taking you. All you have to do is ask how much..lol Its that simple. The key is to go outside the protected area it is cheaper.

Archived