Not so sensational Sensation review

jeepgirl30

Jeepgirl,

Thanks for your review. I thought that it was well written and fair. I also do not believe that the age of the ship has anything to do with the attitude of the staff. I have been on some of the older ships and the service was awesome. It does sound like there's a problem coming from senior staff. If I had been in your shoes and experienced what you did, I would have definitely adjusted my tips accordingly. I agree with some of the others that you should write Carnival about your negative and positive experiences. Try another cruise as soon as you can even if it's with another cruiseline.

Good Luck.

fsh_anm.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

Mariner of The Seas 09/04(Royal Hounds)countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;09;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

wow.......I was reading through your review and the subsequent postings and I can't believe how patient and understanding you were.

my first cruise was on the holiday, so i didn't know what to expect really, but that was great as well as my cruise on the elation. no cruise will go without glitches, but from everything i read in your postings you let it roll off your back and I disagree with the other posters attacks on you and quite frankly they make little sense.

hope your next cruise goes alot smoother.

I would have talked tot he maitre'd immediately after that comment from your waiter- that is totally inexcusable.

Hope the 744.00 charge is taken care of- think I would have stood there a longggggg time and talked to the head pursor.

We have been on the Sensation and the crew has always been great.

Sorry your cruise was not so fun.

I'm so sorry you had a bad experience. We sailed the Sensation last July and had the absolute best time. We were very fortunate to have outstanding crew on our cruise... I probably would not have been happy though had we not had A/C :( ick. We're sailing on her again in October, so hopefully we will encounter more fabulous service and the crew will be happy in their new port.

Don't forget that we pay "tips" at the end of each cruise, which are now so automatic that they are easily becoming "unearned". When you tipped individually, you got 100% better service.
I might have tended to agree with you after our Victory cruise last year, as we had the worst dining room service we've ever experienced on a cruise. However, due to the excellent service we received on the Glory last month, I strongly disagree with your statement. Our wait team in the dining room was great, and our room steward was very good, too. I did have to ask for extra ice for our champagne cooler two or three times during the week, but I think that was because it wasn't our room steward, but her assistant, that was filling up ice buckets. There seemed to be a language barrier with him.

Archived