Looking for a private tour

Munchkin1

Does anyone have any ideas for a private tour of Belize? By private I mean just 2 of us. It's our 25th wedding anniversary and we would like to be able to tour around, just go wherever we want and not have to worry about a bunch of other people. We arn't un social just would like some "us" time. :)

Does anyone have any ideas for a private tour of Belize? By private I mean just 2 of us. It's our 25th wedding anniversary and we would like to be able to tour around, just go wherever we want and not have to worry about a bunch of other people. We arn't un social just would like some "us" time. :)

What do you like to do?

Well,

I am going to assume that you have never been on a cruise before...

because with 6000 tourists getting off of different ships there...I highly doubt where ever you decide to go that you will be truely "alone". LOL

To do Belize City on your own would be a little scary...

your in a third world country,

where they drive like bats out of h***

and on the wrong side of the road to boot!!!

My friends were aproached by prostitutes that tore her husbands underware in Belize City:eek: two years ago...while they were trying to get away from them....Really not a great place to hang out!!! (In my opinion) after going there 4 times....

I warned them but they didn't believe me!

IN Belize the city BELIZE CITY itself...really is a dive....the armpit of their country...loads of crime.

Out of all the places in the western caribbean...Belize really is a wonderful "enviromental adventure place"...better than the other stops..but you have to go on some kind of tour to see anything great....to get away from the city...

People either love Belize...because they did something amazing they normally couldn't do anywhere else in the world...and they planned ahead to do it...

Or they hated Belize...because they didn't plan ahead...and got stuck in the armpit of the city...and can't understand why they didn't have fun!

It is one of the stops where not planning to spend money to go see something is a big mistake...

You can wing it much easier in Grand Cayman, and other stops much better than here.

I don't know what your other stops are though....

Okay that said....

Here is my recommendations for seeing/doing something cool together:

RUINS

If you are going to the ruins....one of the nicest ways to see them is on a ships tour called...

Jungle River and Altung Ha Ruins tour...because you get to take a nice boat ride through there jungle like rivers...see the wildlife and some mangroves and see the ruins in a nice relaxing manner...then you ride in a van or coach bus back....(sometimes you ride the bus first and boat back...which is also nice)

THis costs around $70 a person on average and is a wonderful way to see Belize away from the city and a wonderful tour of the ruins which are very ancient ~ they date older than most the ruins in Central america.

SNORKELING

There is no beaches in Belize City...except a muddy man made one called Cucumber Beach that you can't snorkel at.

GO to Goff's Caye or Rendezvous Caye with a smaller private charter for the day....these small islands are like 100 feet by 45 feet...and are very secluded...they sit right ontop of the reef and you can snorkel right around them...wonderful fish and coral right there....

If you need a contact in Belize to find a good private charter my email is cruisephotos@gmail.com

This will cost you about $50 per person to do.

We chartered a private baot here on our last trip there...(Our friends were also on there 25 anniversary) It was there favorite day of the whole trip. Here is a picture of them:

19531_2095_8536211_1135916342mddab223f460b2be41753c1764982f72d7.jpg

Cavetubing...

This is also an option in a smaller setting...if you don't go with the ship's tours...

There are private tour operators that will give you a more personal tour of the jungles and the 6000 year old limestone caverns. Plus it is aound an hour drive there through Belize's countryside...very pretty.

Major Tom rarely has more than 10 to 15 people on his tours. You can google him: Tom Green Wood, Belize Cave Tubing. He is an older gentleman who knows every plant on the trail in the jungle and will take the time to show you everything in the caves as well...knows a lot of history...

a 180 degree difference from the bigger tours. He also provides a BBQ lunch at the end of his tour.

His tours are aound $45 a person.

I hope this all helps you....

Good Luck

Amy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Munchkin1. We got back from our cruise on the Carnival Miracle yesterday. Belize was the highlight of our trip by far. We booked the shark/ray snorkeling and Caye Caulker tour through Coral Breeze and was so glad we did! This excursion is informative and most of all fun. We snorkeled at coral gardens and then snorkeled with the rays and nurse sharks. Our tour guides, Heni and Mario were fantastic. Safety was their primary concern, making sure we had fun their second. We then went to Caye Caulker for a Belizian style lunch and walked around the island doing some sightseeing. This was a 5 hour tour, but not nearly long enough for me. I could have stayed there forever. We arrived back at our tender area with a good 45 minutes to get back on our ship. I can't say enough about Coral Breeze and this excursion.

I know you said you wanted it to be just the two of you and you may be able to book a private tour through them. If not, this tour is still great. We only had nine people altogether. This was the perfect size tour for me.

I hope this helps you out in some way. Happy cruising! :D

• 1 month later...

Archived