Your Vote - Paradise Beach or Playa Mia?

duskview

Can't decide on which beach. So would like your opinions for those that have been to Paradise Beach or Playa Mia. I'm getting short on time, just 10 days away.

Any input would be great. Or other beach recommendations.

we haven't been to Playa Mia, but we can wholeheartedly recommend Paradise Beach. Great drinks and Food!!! Beach was sand, not rock, althought the snorkeling leaves alot to be desired. Not many fish, sandy bottom. cost is $8.00 to use the water toys (water trampoline,iceberg, kayaks, etc.... I did get an excellent massage for $20.00. Probably one of the best "Beach Days" we have had anywhere, anytime.

My vote goes for PB - I wasn't at Playa Mia so I cannot really compare the two but we spent out last day on our cruise at PB and had a wonderful time, great food, great drinks and our kids had a blast in the water!

We did Playa Mia Monday 3/20. I really regretted the choice, since the girls (10 yo and 12 yo) didn't use the water toys but a few minutes and that was after practically forcing them.

We enjoyed our time there, but I think we would have saved money if we'd gone to PB instead. My hubby got tired of hearing about PB and asked why we didn't go there!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. My DH said were were at PB a few years ago after a snorkeling excursion I think with the FURY. I remember stopping at a beach w/ an iceberg. My DH and DS said they weren't impressed. Still don't know what we're going to do and we sail next Saturday. Guess, we'll just wing it!

If it was before Nov '03, it wasn't us since that's when we opened. The private Fury beach is just south of Playa Mia and just north of Mr. Sancho's, both of which would have an iceberg at that time....

Thanx for the nice reviews y'all!

We were just a PB in Feb. and enjoyed it. Food & Drinks very good. Waiters were very friendly and fast. The bathrooms were kept very clean. We will be going back in Dec. Have a great time on your cruise.

I just did a review of PB on another thread. I too haven't been anywhere else, but PB was great. Oh, I forgot how clean the bathrooms were - wish mine at home were that clean lol.

I don't know what the snorkeling was like there at the beach itself, but the snorkel tour that you can reserve on the PB website was great and only $35. We saw a sea turtle! We didn't realize it until we'd gotten home and looked at our pics but there was a stingray swimming right by the boat. I'd just taken a shot of the kids and there it was in the background of the pic!

Tom - Not sure what we are going to do on our day in Cozumel. My DH loves the idea of relaxing with fun entertainment and drinks on hand. Me on the other hand, with a 4 year old, not sure if I want DH having that much fun and subjecting her to it. Are there things for a 4 year old to do other than play in the sand, not that that is a bad thing? Our 15 year old thought the water toys looked like fun. Hmm, decisions, decisions. Thoughts and or comments?

We were in Cozumel 3/29 and visited PB. We loved it!! Boyf & I did the jet skis ($55 for 1/2 hr) and it was so much fun!! The water is nice and they have great drinks! I have some pics if you click my pics link below. :p

Thanks everyone on your input about Paradise Beach. We decided on going to PB and are looking forward to some good weather and relaxing in the warm sun. Will be there this coming Wednesday, 4/12. Can't wait!!! Hopefully, we'll get to met PB Tom. I'm already in training, drinking my strawberry daiquiris, they sure are yummy!

We have done Paradise beach many times so when we went 2 weeks ago I decided we would try Mr Sanchos.

Well 2 minutes there was enough and we walked what felt like 10 miles, but was probably only 3/4 of a mile or so down to Paradise.

Had a wonderful time once again and wondered why I ever thought we could improve on the choice. If only they could add a reef so the snorkelling would be cool.

Damn I want a lot! I spoke with you briefly Tom, doubt you remember, but I asked if the bathrooms had once been in a certain spot. I thought maybe I had been too inebriated on the other visits, but sure enough the beautiful tile bathrooms fell victim to Wilma.

We always go to Playa Mia, we really enjoy our time there. Next trip we will try PB, I've heard so many good things about it. Sun, sand, drink in my hand, to me you can't go wrong with either one. PB is less expensive than PM (so I've heard).

I had the pleasure of spending my day in Cozumel at Paradise Beach, and

it

> >truly was "Paradise".

> >

> >The beach is very spacious, and there were PLENTY of lounge chairs &

> >umbrellas available. Everything in sight was VERY clean, and well

> >maintained. (the main entrance to PB,is, a great photo opportunity

> >itself!)

> >

> >Both the food & drinks were EXCELLENT, as was the service. (lunch is

> >available either indoors, or right at your lounge chair if you don't want

> >to miss any of the warm sunshine:-).

> >

> >After lunch & a few ice cold beverages, treat yourself to a massage. In

my

> >opinion . . . Any time you can get a massage right on the beach, it's a

> >w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l experience, but these girls REALLY know how to give a

> >good massage!! After a massage, if you feel so inclined, take a short

nap

> >in a hammock beneath a swaying palm tree.

> >

> >

> >When you're ready to leave, . . . there are showers to freshen up , and

> >taxis are readily available at the main entrance. What more could you

ask

> >for???

> >

> >My ONLY disappointment, was that I wasn't able to meet "Paradise Beach

> >Tom", as he happened to be traveling out of the country the day I was

> >there:-(

> >

> >So, if you're looking for the "perfect" beach to spend your day at in

> >Cozumel. . .In my opinion . . . Paradise Beach has it ALL!!

Hint: Be sure to try one of their Pina'Coladas made with Bacardi rum, & served in a pineapple shell garnished with fresh fruit. They're DELICIOUS!! (and look nice in photos:-)

Enjoy!

Annie

We (DH, DSs 21 & 16, and me) were at Paradise Beach on St. Pattie's Day 06 off the Conquest. All the guys were glad to finally not be rushed because I had scheduled excursions on the previous two islands. We have not been to Playa Mia.

PB was beautiful. We arrived between 10:30 & 11. The staff was friendly and our waiter kept close watch on our drink needs. We ordered buckets of beer (bring your koozies) of Sol or Dos Equis and Coke. Our server added ice as needed. The guacamole is a MUST. We ate on the beach. All of us bought the wrist bands. The guys used the trampolene. Our 16yo spent a lot of time at the iceberg and we all floated on the blue floats. We never got around to the kayaks or snorkling. We had front row chairs for 4 with an umbrella and table. There were many families with children from about 4 to adults. The taxi ride was $12+tip each way from the ferry pier. The bathrooms were clean although I never saw the shower facilities other than an outdoor spray hose.

My 78yo mother and I will be in Cozumel this November and will visit PB if she is able. Tom - Will you have Dr. Peppers for her by then?

Hope your trip is great!

Teepee

Without a doubt. I would choose Paradise Beach!

I had the pleasure of spending my day in Cozumel at Paradise Beach, and

it

truly was "Paradise".

The beach is very spacious, and there were PLENTY of lounge chairs &

umbrellas available. Everything in sight was VERY clean, and well

maintained. (the main entrance to PB,is, itself a great photo opportunity)

Both the food & drinks were EXCELLENT, as was the service. (lunch is

available either indoors, or right at your lounge chair if you don't

want

to miss any of the warm sunshine:-).

After lunch & a few ice cold beverages, treat yourself to a massage.

In

my

opinion . . . Any time you can get a massage right on the beach, it's

a

WONDERFUL experience, but these girls REALLY know how to give

a

good massage!! After a massage, if you feel so inclined, take a short

nap

in a hammock beneath a swaying palm tree.

When you're ready to leave, . . . there are showers to freshen up ,

and

taxis are readily available at the main entrance. What more could you

ask

for???

My ONLY disappointment, was that I wasn't able to meet "Paradise Beach

Tom", as he happened to be traveling out of the country the day I was

there.

So, if you're looking for the "perfect" beach to spend your day at in

Cozumel. . .In my opinion Paradise Beach has it ALL!!

> > >

> > >See ya at the beach!

> > >

> > >Island Annie<--------suggests you try 1 (or 3) of their pina'coladas,

>made

> > >with Bacardi rum, and served in a pineapple shell garnished with fresh

> > >fruit. (yum!!) they're DELICIOUS, and also another great photo

> > >opportunity:-)

PS: If you like ceviche, PB has one of the BEST in the Caribbean:-))

PS2: ditto for their guacumole!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Archived