Carnival Miracle & Nativeways

duskview

Has anybody on the Miracle taken the Nativeways Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour? Will arrive in GC on 4/11 at 7:00 am and depart at 4:00 pm. I'm confused on the GC time and ships time.

My concern is missing the tender to get back to the ship. I've read a few threads where people were running to catch their tenders. I have written Nativeways, but have not gotten a response back. My question is what time to you have to meet in the morning for the tour and what time does the tour arrive back at the pier?

I talked to the lady at native way several times (phone is the best way to reach them) and she assured me that they do this everyday and have never gotten anyone back late. We are on the miracle 4/23.

Bellazoemom,

Is there a toll free number to call Native ways? I have made a reservation on line, but have not gotten a confirmation back from them. We leave on our cruise next Sunday.

We took the Rays, Reefs & Rum Point tour from Nativeways on our Miracle cruise on Feb. 19 this year. We had a blast ! I was a little bit concerned when we first got to the port because the Nativeways guy was not already there. There were a lot of people with signs but no Nativeways. Since they told us to try to get to the port early we did but we finally ended up being there before them :D .

The snorkeling part was not the best. Not much to see. The stingray part is really amazing. A once in a lifetime experience. But then, the Rum Point stop at the beach is the best. The beach and the ocean is soooooooooo beautiful there, it's unbelievable. The color of the ocean is so blue, it looks like Blue Rasberry Jello !

The stressing part was coming back indeed ... There is only one big street on the island and it gets jammed at the time you need to get back. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. We were late by 10 minutes. I was so stressed it was no longer funny. We were still more than OK for the tendering since even after getting back on the ship, I saw at least 3-4 other tenders coming after us. Go figure what people think ...

Overall, would recommend the tour !

I just don't know........I keep reading all over these boards how stressed people have been with these private tours. I just don't like the idea of having to worry all day long about whether or not I'm going to get back to the ship on time. Personally, I think it would ruin the day for me.

I was just about ready to book the Grand Cayman Jeep Tour but now I just don't know. I've read several times to rent your own vehicle and go it your own. I think that's sounding more positive. At least I will know I'll be back in time (or plan to be)!

Tootsie

There have been a lot of posters indicating their "stress" with independent tours which I can somewhat understand. As many have said, the tour companies make their money off cruise ship passengers. They are not going to be late or have someone miss their ship. As an example, the Nativeway owner, Sharon has said the same (posters copying e-mails to this forum). In addition, many of the tours that are offered through independents are not the same as the cruise ship and cost less. Grand Cayman is one island I wouldn't hesitate booking an independent tour. Tendering makes the stress level a bit higher. If it wasn't a tender port, I don't believe it would as much of an issue.

Hey thanks a bunch mnsawyer! Your words are very comforting, and it's always nice to hear another opinion. I will take your advice and see if there are still openings for the jeep tour. It did enter my mind about breaking down on our own, and I do believe your suggestion is far more logical. Thanks for your reply!

Archived