Sensation 3/27/06 Where are you??

It really does seem like Carnival was not prepared to start it's schedule again after NO and dry dock. It sure wasn't a lack of funding that caused the delays- they made a bundle from FEMA.

These things happen - and sometimes you can tolerate it and sometimes you just have to go somewhere else. I think what disturbs me most is the attitude of Carnival in light of the problems. It seems as though they don't care. The lack of compensation is surprising ( remember all that FEMA money ). Someone mentioned airlines delay all the time - but also remember that almost all of them have been or on the brink of bankruptcy. Service is not a biggie on airlines- and no one expects stellar service on an airline - it is usually a method to get from point A to point B. If hotels really mess up- they are likely to take money off your bill or give you free nights. And if they blantantly show they don't care - then you are likely not to go back to that hotel.

So why isn't Carnival coming up with a sort of compensation just in the spirit of co-operation, if nothing else? And why are some people just do anxious to forgive them - no matter what?

It really does seem like Carnival was not prepared to start it's schedule again after NO and dry dock. It sure wasn't a lack of funding that caused the delays- they made a bundle from FEMA.

So why isn't Carnival coming up with a sort of compensation just in the spirit of co-operation, if nothing else? And why are some people just do anxious to forgive them - no matter what?

That is a valid point with FEMA. I am sure they got major bucks from the good ol' government. The compensation they gave the first cruise was laughable at best...Here is $50 have some cocktails on us!:D Personaly don't know if I would use the 25% discount unless they let me use it on another cruise line. They were definatley not prepared to cruise after the Katrina stint. I am very dissapointed with how our cruise turned out.

jd

Archived