Anyone know if I can get Zithromax

moonvine

They may also call it "Azithromycin" down there so if someone looks at you with a puzzled expression when you ask for Zithromax, try asking for Azithromycin.

If you're going on a western Caribbean cruise it may also be available on Grand Cayman, though I don't know what the price would be.

This drug is frequently prescribed for people with Lyme Disease. What disease do they use it to treat in cats?

:confused: Just curious.

They may also call it "Azithromycin" down there so if someone looks at you with a puzzled expression when you ask for Zithromax, try asking for Azithromycin.

If you're going on a western Caribbean cruise it may also be available on Grand Cayman, though I don't know what the price would be.

This drug is frequently prescribed for people with Lyme Disease. What disease do they use it to treat in cats?

:confused: Just curious.

When I use it it is generally used for URI (Upper Respiratory Infection) in cats. URI is not as bad in adult cats with good immune systems, but it can be and frequently is fatal in kittens. Every cat I get from Town Lake Animal Center has URI to one degree or another. It is good good stuff for cats.:)

There are many pharmacias around CZ that have zith, it is readily available. Many are close to downtown also. I too have done cat rescue work and taken it back to the states, np.

CMcC

Yay, I am excited, thanks SO MUCH. Do you remember the approximate price you paid?

When I use it it is generally used for URI (Upper Respiratory Infection) in cats. URI is not as bad in adult cats with good immune systems, but it can be and frequently is fatal in kittens. Every cat I get from Town Lake Animal Center has URI to one degree or another. It is good good stuff for cats.:)

It also is "good good stuff" for Lyme Disease. ;)

I never realized that veterinarians also use it. The price for it in the U.S. is prohibitive, indeed. I hope you'll be able to get a good supply of it down there for your "wee ones". :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived