Elderly passenger - Muster drill

tmcraine

Seems that policies are at best vague and change ship-to-ship and such.

Unexcusable. Talked to the Carnival Special Needs rep this morning, she was reading off some cue card. Useless conversation. Well on the Princess Fire thread: technical. Trust me; one has two options: depend upon two strong persons to carry your wheelchair as happened on that nightmare: college kids from Embry Riddle University (that aviation school) did just that. Whilst the crew did what?

As a disabled combat veteran it seems it is my right to cruise. I'll say in the cabin and listen to a CD and finish whatever wine I have and go down with the ship. I'd report that incident of the elderly man in the crowd to the Coast Guard, hey they even take emails at their website for "Safety" issues.

NCL and Royal always send a bloke to my cabin and that is that. I get wheeled out early, always. I ambulate slowly but folks will run you down even with a cane but without a cane they have no idea you are a bit frail.

We go through the process of transporting a wheelchair each cruise now, I depend upon it for the embark & debart trip as well as some port calls. I'd rather die than try and walk in the muster drill crowds.

Trust me a fellow vet or firefighter or police always will let you know they will see you are taken care of should the drill be as on Star Princess. Depend on the crew? Not if it was dad or mom.

Any technical questions about disability will be galdly answered. Me Mrs is a physical therapist, I be a Rehabilitation Counselor and Nurse. :D

Be assured this is not any bad words tossed about Carnival but look f the Muster Drill be real then they need to address the wheelchair and elderly issues. If they want to play dumb so be it. NCL is seeming nice enough to allow extra staff and space for the "handicapped" lifeboat sections. Trust me on the first day of any cruise last few years I know every child that is using a wheelchair. We sit eye-to-eye.

I hope my "Fun ship" cruise on the 29th of May is easy going.

Doc Joe

Archived