C503 On the Coral

molly5

:confused: Is this cabin on the end of the bumpout really that bad? I am already booked in it for Alaska in June, so I hope not, but it seems there's a lot of negative posts about these cabins. I thought when I booked it that it would be a great spot. Any feed back is appreciated.

Molly5.. I found the website below on another thread. It shows some really good pictures of the room you booked and the view from the bumpout rooms. I think you will be just fine. You are up high enough that if anything, you will be looking down more on the other balconies. See for yourself below:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/

We were in A503 on the Island last year to Alalska and loved it. It is the back of the bumpout and so is more sheltered. We purposely chose it for that reason and have booked B503 for Hawaii next year. The Island is the sister ship of the Coral and the layout is the same. You will love this cabin!

We booked C502 for the CP sailing to the Panama Canal. Are cruise date is not until April 18, 2007, so we had many choices and think that this is the best of all.

• 4 years later...

molly5 have you sailed yet. I will be sailing on the Coral on July 2, 2011 and thought c503 would be a good room too, but now with everything I am reading am getting very upset. I know the ship is full and we wouldn't be able to get another room. I am hoping this doesn't ruin our trip to Alaska.

We were in A504 and other family members were in A503 for a Panama Canal cruise a few years ago. We loved the cabin locations. Great viewing location, so I would think for Alaska it is great. You are sheltered from the wind because you are at the back of the bumpout and you have cover overhead. Yes, people in the cabins further aft from you can see you on your balcony - and you can see them - but with the views in Alaska, I don't think anybody is really spending their time looking at other people. Relax and enjoy - should be a great cruise.

molly5 have you sailed yet. I will be sailing on the Coral on July 2, 2011 and thought c503 would be a good room too, but now with everything I am reading am getting very upset. I know the ship is full and we wouldn't be able to get another room. I am hoping this doesn't ruin our trip to Alaska.

My bet is on "YES" she has sailed already. I think this was posted in April 2006!? ;):)

BUT....LOL, that being said, We too are booked on B503 and really looking forward to the awesome views that this bump out cabin will offer..and...the way I look at it is if anyone wants to "sneak a peek" from down below then be aware that underwear is sometimes an option!! YIKES!! Ha,Ha.

Just kidding of course! You have to have a little Ha, Ha in your life once and a while.

Connie

We were in A504 and other family members were in A503 for a Panama Canal cruise a few years ago. We loved the cabin locations. Great viewing location, so I would think for Alaska it is great. You are sheltered from the wind because you are at the back of the bumpout and you have cover overhead. Yes, people in the cabins further aft from you can see you on your balcony - and you can see them - but with the views in Alaska, I don't think anybody is really spending their time looking at other people. Relax and enjoy - should be a great cruise.

Yippee....I am so excited to be able to ask someone who has actually stayed in this cabin! You mentioned that you were in A504. According to this pic from the web site that is frequently posted here....it states that Aloha deck mid ship bump outs are fully covered??? Yet, Princess says that they are not covered and that the balcony can be viewed from the deck above? Also, the picture definitely looks like there is no coverage?

What was your experience in this cabin and your family members A503?

We have debated bumping ourselves up one deck to A504 or A503 but have never been able to get a straight answer regarding coverage....

can you help :confused::D

504jpgw300h365.jpg

Connie

Bunyababy when are you sailing?

Island Princess Jan 8 - 18/12! A looooong way off...but these boards fuel me to keep excited.

I see you are going on July 2nd!! We live in Alberta, Canada ....next door to Vancouver, British Columbia. Close enough that we should have taken an Alaskan Cruise by now!

Smiles, Connie

Archived