Who and how much are you suppose to tip?

Hi everyone,

I'm getting married on Jewel of the Seas in less than two weeks and I'm trying to figure out who and how much I'm suppose to tip?

I know to tip the at the salon appointment and the waiter/waitress at the reception but do you also tips the wedding coordinator and the wedding officiant? If you do how much would you tip?:confused:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nancy

Good question!!

I read from another girl that they tipped the coordinator $20, the DJ $20, The bartender $20, and the photographer $20.

So, who knows? I guess it depends on what you think is right and who did an excellent job.

I would like to know how other brides handle it???

• 1 month later...

My grandfather tipped the bartender, I never made it to the bar. We did not tip the coordinator that his her job. We tipped the piano player later in the cruise. Everything moved so quickly and people were gone before we knew it. I think we tipped very well throughout the cruise. Here is who I think should be tipped and not.

Do tip your piano player and or DJ (if you think it is deserved).

Officiant (entirley up to you, I didn't because I forgot too, but honestly he did mess up our ceremony).

Do tip the bartender.

I don't think you need to tip the coordinator.

I don't think you customarily tip the people who fill the buffet tables but these are Carnival employees and any tip would be greatly appreciated by them.

We did not tip our photographer ( I don't know if most people do, but I didn't think I needed to.) We paid for our pictures and he was not willing to make any sort of deal.

This is just my opinion! I would suggest that you assign someone else in your party to be in charge of this because you will be too caught up in the moment to remember.

Archived