Sailing NEXT WEEK and no documents??

aloveforwander

Ok- we have traveled MANY times- and this is really cutting it close. I know with the whole ship change thing (Sensation/ Fantasy) it may take more time. But is Carnival this behind??

Has anyone else received anything??

All we have received is a letter telling us of the change we found out about here first. What's worse- we used a TA (by obligation due to points collected on that "now cancelled" Carnival CC). To get a simple question answered- such as "Can we change our dining preference"- I swear, my husband spent a bit over an HOUR to get a wishy washy answer...

Should we be worried??

PS- that Carnival CC programs- TRUST ME- do not fall for it. A total useless WASTE. We spent over $20,000 in charges to get like $75 discount. CRAZY! :mad: Reason we have cancelled.

I've gotten mine 5 days out... no worries. You can get on the ship without them. Just make sure to fill out your fun pass... no problems!!!! Your TA will get them first... and then get them out to you. It's not always a Carnival issue, but really... I wouldn't worry.

I have always gotten mine a month before, and out agent gives us a bottle of spf45, a bottle of after-sun goop, and a disposable camera.

...although why someone would want to take pictures and then throw them is away kinda puzzles me...

We've been down that road as for waiting for travel documents. Most of the time they arrive a week ahead of departure. I used to worry about it until I saw others at check in without them and I over heard the agent saying no big deal as long as you have ID.

Still, I would prefer to have them in tow when I check in.

I just hate to have additional things to do once there, like fill out luggage tags, etc...

If it does come to this point, make some peel-&-stick labels to put on the tags with your name, address, phone, flight info, sailing date and cabin number on them.

Just returned from our Carnival cruise without any documents. Basically all that's needed is ID for the ship. I printed off the fun pass but they didn't even want it. Carnival had to fax me my airline e-tickets and copies of letter to the hotels for our overnight stays and bus transfers. It all worked out but it was very stressful beforehand. Actually, Carnival faxed me the stuff less than 24 hrs. before departure so they cut it pretty close.

Don't think I'll ever purchase the whole package (cruise, air, hotel, transfers) from Carnival again. They really screwed up.

Archived