Just off the Rhapsody 4-9 till 4-16 Any Questions?

We just returned from a great cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas. Any Questions? I will post a full review by the weekend.

Hi and welcome home. I'm glad you had a great time. We are sailing Rhapsody on April 30 and boy am I excited. Did the Rhapsody dock or tender in Cozumel? And, how did you find the dress in the dining room on casual nights - were there jeans and capris or did people dress up a little more?

Thanks for helping ...

Hi Cajungal,

First off you will have a great time of the ship. Now your answers:

We docked at the international pier in Cozumel. The dining room had a majority of people adhering to the dress code and some wore jeans. I hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask any other questions.

Take Care

Alexisn'Texas,

On the sea days there were many kids about. Only on one of the sea days did any of the kids need to be talked to by the deck patrol..they were diving off the hot tub platform into the pool...very dangerous.

Now to the dining room...we really enjoyed the meals there. It would be hard to pick a favorite...Prime rib, lobster & Chicken Marsala were probably my best meals. We didn't take any shore excursions. We were going to take the pirate cruise in Grand Cayman but the seas were too rough so we changed our mind and spent the day at the beach. In Key west we went to Ripley's believe it or not and then went to Malory Square for the sunset activities. In Cozumel we went shopping...we had a pretty bad sunburn from Grand Cayman..we were going to go to Paradise beach but thought better of it.

We went on Rhapsody 4/2/06. Chucky the Duck was not one of the entertainers unless you're talking about the entertainment for the little ones. The shows at night were wonderful. Yes, Diesel was on board. They were great. They did live kareoke one night which was fun.

Hi Cajungal,

First off you will have a great time of the ship. Now your answers:

We docked at the international pier in Cozumel. The dining room had a majority of people adhering to the dress code and some wore jeans. I hope this helps and don't hesitate to ask any other questions.

Take Care

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out. That is great news about the docking in Coz. I sure hope they keep it up. I was REALLY dreading the tender process in Cozumel. I was just wondering about the dress on casual nights in the dining room to see if I could get away with wearing dressy capri outfits. Looks like anything goes. Thanks again!

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out. That is great news about the docking in Coz. I sure hope they keep it up. I was REALLY dreading the tender process in Cozumel. I was just wondering about the dress on casual nights in the dining room to see if I could get away with wearing dressy capri outfits. Looks like anything goes. Thanks again!

You can wear capri outfits with no problems on casual nights. I hope they continue docking in Cozumel. The impression I got was that they take turns with the dock since only one cruise ship at a time can port. Check out my review at the following links:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=334981

and

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=335025

more to come.

Glad you had a great cruise!!!!

I look forward to your review. Looks like we'll be aboard with Cajungal.

* Were there any coffee/Iced Tea stations, like outside the Windjammer?

* Was the first formal night Monday or Tuesday?

*Was the sea water temp in Grand Cayman warm or cold?

* Which Grand Cayman beach did you go to?

Thanks!

JD, at the top of Texas

Atgatari,

Just read your two reviews, Great!!!!

Wish I had read them them 5 minutes earlier, some of my questions were answered.

* Questions which remain, after reading your great reviews:

* Which beach on 7 mile beach did you go to?

* We also have 2nd seating. Are most of the shows before or after 2nd seating dinner?

Thanks!

John

Atgatari,

Just read your two reviews, Great!!!!

Wish I had read them them 5 minutes earlier, some of my questions were answered.

* Questions which remain, after reading your great reviews:

* Which beach on 7 mile beach did you go to?

* We also have 2nd seating. Are most of the shows before or after 2nd seating dinner?

Thanks!

John

We went to the Royal Palms hotel beach area-No charge to use beach access. Most of the shows were before dinner (7pm). I think the 1 st night the show was after dinner (10:45) and a comedy show was 11:30 on one of the nights.

Hi, Sounds like it was a nice cruise.

I'm thinking about booking a July 30 cruise on Rhapsody with my family (husband and two daughters - 13 & 15). We previously sailed on Century (just my husband and I)

I've heard some horror stories about Rhapsody's overall condition. Is she well maintained and clean. What are the cabin conditions like? Are the beds comfortable? Is the bedding and furniture all beat up and carpeting and furniture all stained? When we were on Century it seemed like the crew was always cleaning. It sounds like this is not the case from your review.

We will be on deck 7, mid-ship in an interior cabin. I pray for smooth seas. If the seas are rough can I expect to roll out of bed or does the ship have good stablizers?

Was information accurately posted with correct time/place (sorry I don't know the name of the circular that is left in each cabin every evening)

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all these question. I hope it is ok if I contact you again with other questions?

Thanks

Hi, Sounds like it was a nice cruise.

I'm thinking about booking a July 30 cruise on Rhapsody with my family (husband and two daughters - 13 & 15). We previously sailed on Century (just my husband and I)

I've heard some horror stories about Rhapsody's overall condition. Is she well maintained and clean. What are the cabin conditions like? Are the beds comfortable? Is the bedding and furniture all beat up and carpeting and furniture all stained? When we were on Century it seemed like the crew was always cleaning. It sounds like this is not the case from your review.

We will be on deck 7, mid-ship in an interior cabin. I pray for smooth seas. If the seas are rough can I expect to roll out of bed or does the ship have good stablizers?

Was information accurately posted with correct time/place (sorry I don't know the name of the circular that is left in each cabin every evening)

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all these question. I hope it is ok if I contact you again with other questions?

Thanks

I was also on the Rhapsody with "Atgatari" on deck 7 inside room 7613

Yes the room was small. with 4 people it might be a tight fit for you.

The rooms and the ship are in good shape. I did find the bed alittle hard but no big deal.

On our first day out the seas where rough but it was not too bad on deck 7.

I belive that the stablizers where working.. And I had No promblem with it.

As for information on the "Daily Planner" that is left in your room every night. Yes it is correct. Make sure to carey it with you when you go around the ship so you know whats going on. there is something going on every hour.

I was also on the Rhapsody with "Atgatari" on deck 7 inside room 7613

Yes the room was small. with 4 people it might be a tight fit for you.

The rooms and the ship are in good shape. I did find the bed alittle hard but no big deal.

On our first day out the seas where rough but it was not too bad on deck 7.

I belive that the stablizers where working.. And I had No promblem with it.

As for information on the "Daily Planner" that is left in your room every night. Yes it is correct. Make sure to carey it with you when you go around the ship so you know whats going on. there is something going on every hour.

johnlcruise

I don't think I could survive an entire week with all four or us in such a small cabin. The reservation is for two cabins side-by-side.

Thanks for your feedback.

johnlcruise

I don't think I could survive an entire week with all four or us in such a small cabin. The reservation is for two cabins side-by-side.

Thanks for your feedback.

Glad you are doing 2 rooms. (Its the only way to go with 4 people)

You will really have a good time. great crew and yes the ship is very clean.

Have fun:)

Archived