Swimming with Turtles?

luvtocruise52

I do not think that there are any structured programs as sea turtles are a protected species.

All I can say is, let's hope that's true. If you've ever been diving and seen a beautiful sea turtle nestled under some coral "asleep," there's no way you'd want to disturb such peaceful creatures.

Keep in mind, when you touch sea creatures you're not only exposed to their bacteria but they're exposed to yours.

I'll not get on my soapbox about these structured "swim with" programs because I have participated in one. Had I known then what I know now about these programs I never would have contributed to their financial success. :(

You can do a Discover Scuba course while you're there. You'll learn the basics and get to do a shallow dive. Most dive shops down there offer them. It's how we got HOOKED!!! Did Discover Scuba when we were down there for a week and wound up going all the way and taking the PADI Cert. Course and getting certified. PRETTY AWESOME!!!

Archived