Question about Princess tour to Pisa

We will be in Livorno on a Monday when the museums in Florence are closed. So all we really want to do is to climb the leaning tower in Pisa. Princess has an am tour there and Tuscany by Taxi can also take us there and the cost is probably a bit cheaper for Princess since it is in US Dollars and the Taxi company is in Euros. I have prebooked a climb for 10:20am. The Princess tour leaves Livorno at 8:30 and returns to the ship at 12:15. If anyone has done the am tour with Princess, will we make it to the tower in time to do our climb if we book with Princess? We have to be there around 30 minutes prior to the climb, so we must be at the ticket booth by no later than 9:45 am to exchange our vouchers for the actual ticket. I do not want to use the train system as I am concerned about unannounced strikes that could leave us stranded. I have some health issues that mandate we do not miss the ship.

I have not done the Pricness/Pisa excursion, but IMHO, I would go on the ship's excrusion as I see you have some health issues.

If you tell the people at the excursion desk, they may look out for you. Be sure to mention it to the driver of the excrusion as well.

I'd rather be on the ship/bus than in a Taxi. Sometimes things don't work out just the way we want.

Have a great time, and don't forget to get those photos of you both holding up the tower!!!!

Archived