Galaxy Ship Room #1216

CruisinFromTx

Hi

Brand new to this board, but based on all the message looks like a great place to discuss our planned trip on the Galaxy in October 2007 for their 14 Night Exotic Med And Black Sea Cruise. The itinerary is perfect for us, but never being on a celebrity ship before have no clue if there are "bad" rooms to avoid. This cruise is really stop intensive with only two days at sea, so we have put room 1216 which is an inside room on the Sky Deck on hold for 48 hours before we plunk down the down payment.

So the first of what I am sure will be numerous questions is anyone aware of problems with inside rooms on the Sky Deck and specifically 1216?

Thanks for Your Help!!!!

spacer.gif

Hi

Brand new to this board, but based on all the message looks like a great place to discuss our planned trip on the Galaxy in October 2007 for their 14 Night Exotic Med And Black Sea Cruise. The itinerary is perfect for us, but never being on a celebrity ship before have no clue if there are "bad" rooms to avoid. This cruise is really stop intensive with only two days at sea, so we have put room 1216 which is an inside room on the Sky Deck on hold for 48 hours before we plunk down the down payment.

So the first of what I am sure will be numerous questions is anyone aware of problems with inside rooms on the Sky Deck and specifically 1216?

Thanks for Your Help!!!!

spacer.gif

Hi there I am sailing on the Galaxy on May 6th. I booked 1137 (penthouse deck) it is one of the very few inside family rooms. It has a seperate sitting area with 2 beds and in the main area there is a double bed. You can check it out on one of the postings from "cujosmom" panama canal review 12/2004. Our is a cat 09 and I think yours too. 1137 is about 210 sg. ft, so about 40 more than a regular inside cabin. It's our first time so I can't tell you how the cabins are, but I am sure it will be great to have extra space ~ hope this helps a bit ~ Els

elsje--We have 1137 booked along with 1141 for next summer. The deck plans on the Celebrity website show this room as possibly handicap accessible (it is really hard to tell for sure). Have you any idea?

The celebrity agent I spoke with told me that it is not, but he also didn't know any of the other features of this room. My father in law could really use the accessible features of an equipped bathroom and will be bringing along a motorized scooter, so this would be very attractive athough not mandatory.

He will be sharing the cabin with our teen sons, so we really wanted nearby cabins and the agent I spoke with could only find accessible inside cabins on the lower decks when I was booking, so balcony for us outweighed accessibility for him (he is agreed).

elsje--We have 1137 booked along with 1141 for next summer. The deck plans on the Celebrity website show this room as possibly handicap accessible (it is really hard to tell for sure). Have you any idea?

The celebrity agent I spoke with told me that it is not, but he also didn't know any of the other features of this room. My father in law could really use the accessible features of an equipped bathroom and will be bringing along a motorized scooter, so this would be very attractive athough not mandatory.

He will be sharing the cabin with our teen sons, so we really wanted nearby cabins and the agent I spoke with could only find accessible inside cabins on the lower decks when I was booking, so balcony for us outweighed accessibility for him (he is agreed).

Hi Kass..it is not an handicap accesible room. Apparantly those are on the lower decks. I posted a web-site on another thread of yours with a picture of cabin 1137..I will find it again and post it for you. ~ Els

Els,

Thanks so much for the info. I think my father in law is really going to be happy with this cabin. I just forwarded your photo album to him.

Kass

When I get back from the TA cruise late May I will let you know how we liked the cabin, but from what I read in "Cujosmom" reviews they really liked the extra space etc. BTW the album is not mine but from "Cujosmom". You can find her Panama canal review from 12/2004 on cruise critic.

Els

Els,

I found that review, it sounds really great. Boy, your under two weeks, you must be really excited....and busy. Have a great time and I'll be looking forward to hearing all about your trip on review.

We just got back from the Galaxy yesterday. Look at the ships map and see whats below your room. The oasis cafe is below you. We were in room 1094 which is below the oasis and it was non stop noise because they are always working in the kitchen. The worst six days of my no sleeping life.They finally moved us for the last 5 days to a great room. Good luck!

We just got back from the Galaxy yesterday. Look at the ships map and see whats below your room. The oasis cafe is below you. We were in room 1094 which is below the oasis and it was non stop noise because they are always working in the kitchen. The worst six days of my no sleeping life.They finally moved us for the last 5 days to a great room. Good luck!

Hi there...I have read a wonderful review on our cabin 1137 by "cujosmom" and when I look at the resort deck your room was right under the grill area and mine is under the oasis pool. I am sure you had a hard time sleeping. Glad you were able to get moved.

I will post a review when I get back from my 16-day TA cruise on May 6th..we are real excited about having a 220 sq.ft inside family room. I will keep my fingers crossed that ours will be quiet! ~ Els

Archived