Walk to Governor's Beach?

letsgocruz1

Can anyone tell me if a walk to Governors Beach from the port is feasible? How far is it/what are the conditions like? We are young, fairly active people. I just hate to dish out the $$ for a taxi if the walk isn't that bad. Would rather save it to buy a cool drink once back on board. Thanks!

My wife and I and another couple plan on either walking or catching a cab. We are first time cruisers. We leave out of Miami on May 14th on Carnival Elation. If you look around you can find a map of the island. It looks to be about 3/4 of a mile from the port. I have been advised to ask the cab driver what the charge is before you get in. They expect you to negotiate. Hope this helps.

I have read several different things on Governor's Beach. From what I understand it is walkable, but not all walking is down streets. There apparently is some walking over rocky areas, off the beaten path areas, etc.

There are some posts on the Carnival board regarding this from people who have recently stopped there in the past several weeks.

Archived