Queen Mary 2 Information

george1943

Hi,

I am so excited, me and the wife are travelling on the QM2 in May and was wondering what the ship is like. We have been lucky enough to have been upgraded twice already and how have the pleasure of a suite.

Any feedback would be great.

Wow, that's terrific....very nice to be in a suite. You will love the ship, it's my favorite and I have a big litheograph on my wall from our voyage. We were in an inside cabin on deck 10 so I can't help you with any info on the suite. Everything on the ship is awesome, including the library which has a cruise critic log book containing signatures of the members who have sailed on her. Be sure and add yours. The librarian keeps it under her desk.

You're in for a treat. QM2 is a ship unlike any other. First off, she's an ocean liner, not a cruise ship. The differences are primarily structural...she is built to withstand the often rough and highly unpredictable North Atlantic ocean. She is a marvel of engineering, and is breaktaking in scope and content. Hubby and I sailed on her in November '04 (10 day Caribbean out of NYC) and we fell in love the minute we stepped in the atrium. She is elegant (but not stuffy), classy (without being snobbish), and truly beautiful. We were in an inside room on deck 10 and ate in the Britannia Restaurant. We found our cabin very comfortable (the bathroom is a bit on the cramped side but very nicely appointed). The library is unbelievable (what views!). The food was excellent, the service was very good. The shows were pretty much what you expect on a cruise ship but they were not gaudy or silly. There's a tremendous amount of history involved in this ship; make sure you walk around and explore every nook and cranny (and there are lots of these to be found). My favorite was deck 7 - you're able to walk completely around the ship on this deck with no obstructions. I think you will fall in love with QM2...I'll be going back on her this September with a friend who has never sailed before and can't wait to see the look on my friend's face when she sees QM2. One possible negative which has nothing to do with the ship: the new pier in Red Hook (Brooklyn). While I haven't sailed from there yet (will be sailing from there in September), I expect that the thrill won't be as great. The view is still there (based on what's I've read from fellow QM2 passengers) but sounds like it's not quite as spectacular. One thing not to miss is going under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge...be on deck 14 when she goes under. You will hold your breath wondering if the funnel will clear the bridge span! Enjoy your time on QM2...

Hi like you we are also going in may what date are you on QM 2

we are going the 17th may and cant wait We have never done a cruise but we have found this website great and it is full of great information.

Greetings Johanne :)

Hi,

I am so excited, me and the wife are travelling on the QM2 in May and was wondering what the ship is like. We have been lucky enough to have been upgraded twice already and how have the pleasure of a suite.

Any feedback would be great.

The bulk of this message board is all about the Qm2 and to some extent the QE2. Suggest you read though lots of messages to get a feel of what is what. Then read some of the reviews.

Then, if you have some specific questions ask them specifically with a descriptive subject line. You will find folks here are most helpful.

Good luck.

Archived