Handicapped cabin #'s for all cruise ships website

daju22

Hi everyone,

Found this webisite that lists handicapped cabin numbers for all ships. I know it's a cruise agency, but the listing of category and cabin numbers is great to know. It's the best site I've found so far.

http://www.7xxx.asp

Just click on cruise line name> name of ship(top of page right side)> cabins(scroll to the bottom of the page)

You can then look at the deck plans and determine where the cabin is located. All this on one site!

I am not pushing this agency. I have never looked at the site before today. I found it by searching for handicapped cabin numbers. I just wanted to tell everyone about it.:)

If anyone has other sites that they use, please post them as this is an important piece of knowledge to have before choosing a cruise.

I clicked on the url but all it did was bring up another CC forum.

Treven:

I think the moderator removed the link because it was a TA. But I also have to say that it's a database backed program/service that a lot of travel agencies use. So maybe you could just surf a bit and find an agency (any agency) that allows you to search for cruises by date, location and ship. once you get to the ship you can pull up the deck plans with the accessible rooms noted -- except for carnival which does not note them on deck plans. Alternatively, some cruise lines post their deck plans on-line. Or maybe somebody who has the link will e-mail it to you:)

Candy

Treven:

I think the moderator removed the link because it was a TA. But I also have to say that it's a database backed program/service that a lot of travel agencies use. So maybe you could just surf a bit and find an agency (any agency) that allows you to search for cruises by date, location and ship. once you get to the ship you can pull up the deck plans with the accessible rooms noted -- except for carnival which does not note them on deck plans. Alternatively, some cruise lines post their deck plans on-line. Or maybe somebody who has the link will e-mail it to you:)

Candy

I've looked through the Royal Carribean web site in an attempt to look for a picture of the inside handicapped cabin I've reserved for a late October cruise. Unfortunately all it shows is a general inside cabin pix - which of course doesn't do me any good.

Oh, you are looking for pictures. The site in question only has deck plans showing where the accessible cabins are. I do know of a TA site that has some photos but since it's a TA site I can't post it here -- it will be removed and then the mod will get mad at me. What RCI ship?

Candy

Oh, you are looking for pictures. The site in question only has deck plans showing where the accessible cabins are. I do know of a TA site that has some photos but since it's a TA site I can't post it here -- it will be removed and then the mod will get mad at me. What RCI ship?

Candy

Serenade of the Seas.

• 8 years later...
Judy - Would you mind emailng me the website. It would be very helpful to know which cabins are wheelchair accessible. My wife if a paraplegic and even when we try to book over a year out, we still many times cannot get a balcony cabin (we are spoiled, we only want balconies). We just tried booking on the RC Serenade of the Seas for an October 5th, 2007 Hawaii booking only to find that all of the wheelchair accessible balcony cabins are already booked. They just released the prices on April 25th!

Anyway, thanks. Our email is glennjudy1@hotmail.com

Please could you send me that website also? I have been handicap since 1991 due to an airplane crash and three types different cancers, even walking a block wears me out. I also have heart problems where I totally lose my breath. Thank you so much! Deena4701@hotmail.com

Edited by Metro Cruiser

Hi Metrocruiser,

Sorry, but that website isn't working any more. Must have gone out of business since 2006 when I posted the link.

We've cruised on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean with a scooter. If you go to their websites, they will have a list of handicapped cabins and the dimensions.

Search "Special Needs" on the Celebrity site. http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_10Q4_web_hp_ftr_accessibility

Royal Caribbean also has a list of ship's cabins on it's special needs page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/accessibleseas/accessibleStaterooms.do

Cruise Critic has an excellent article about accessible cabins:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=105

There are special needs numbers to call at Celebrity and Royal Caribbean.

After you choose the type of cabin (inside, outside, veranda, etc) you can look at the deckplans for the ship to see where the cabin is located.

If you have any questions about other cruiselines, I'm sure posters will answer. You have to do a lot of research to make sure the cabin/ship/cruiseline fits your needs.

Hope this helps.

Judy

• 2 weeks later...

Some able-bodied people are far too quick to judge others. I legally meet the requirements for a Disabled Parking Permit even though due to Legal Blindness I do not drive a car. On several occasions, the relative or friend transporting me has been subjected to verbal abuse for parking in a Disabled Parking space, and they were standing at the boot of their car removing my walking frame for me to use! Once it was a Minister chiding his parishioner, I promptly butted in and informed him she was doing an act of charity in helping me easily access the shopping centre-he blushed and fled in confusion. He has since become disabled himself with a stroke, and it has been a steep learning curve for him.

Crochetcruise :cool:

I wish the cruise lines would make and enforce rules about accessible cabins. It is so very frustrating to have to book a standard cabin with no room for a scooter. My husband looks healthy but can only walk a few steps without pain. We do carry a letter from our doctor and have never been asked to show it.

I wish the cruise lines would make and enforce rules about accessible cabins. It is so very frustrating to have to book a standard cabin with no room for a scooter. My husband looks healthy but can only walk a few steps without pain. We do carry a letter from our doctor and have never been asked to show it.

Would lodging a copy of that letter by fax when you do your booking be of any assistance?

Invisible disabilities can be terribly annoying. I don't need a guide dog, so people assume I can see long distances! I do use a walking frame, so usually don't get queried, unless someone has an officious mood on, and I usually put him (generally a male for some irritating reason being thick!) straight in no uncertain terms, much to the delight of others within earshot.

I'm lucky, the TA I'm working with has experience at dealing with multiple disabilities, and I am fussy about safety so the client from HELL! She laughs, and says she has far worse than me wanting to be safe so I can do as much research as possible on accessibility and do a first-hand report for the agency so all staff members will have access to information. They know I can't access the kids' areas for security reasons, the Ultimate Ship's Tour on access grounds, but what I can research, I will! With a whole lot of enjoyment!

HTH.

Crochetcruise :cool: