Dress Code

crazy_kooter

I am trying to understand the dress code...Are blue jeans not allowed on ship? Also, Princess homepage advertises large closets in most rooms, do I need to pack a few hangers ?

Blue jeans can be worn on the ship, just not at dinner, except they are ok in the buffet.

There are plenty of hangers in the very nice large closets.

Without any judgement, opinion nor beating of dead horses, I'll tell you what I have learned.

Blue jeans are acceptable throughout the ship during the day. On regular "Smart Casual" evenings, blue jeans are acceptable in the casual eating establishments such as the buffet and the pizza bar. Blue jeans are frowned on in the dining rooms and the alternative restaurants, and by the rules, though often unforced, they are prohibited in these places. Some people choose to ignore this disapproval, but there are cases of such casually attired diners being turned away from the dining rooms, though I have not seen this myself.

On formal night, this is some disagreement as to where and when blue jeans would be acceptable. Some feel that they are acceptable only in the casual dining areas. Others say they can be worn on deck. And a smaller group feel they are acceptable in the show lounges as well.

A further group of opinion reads blue jeans as in fact any denim pants or outfit, regardless of colour, cut or price. The published Princess dress code mentions only "jeans," or ocassionaly, "torn jeans," and only as prohibition in the dining room during the evening.

The Princess Patter will make oblique references to staying within the spirit of formal night which some translate to no non-formal wear in the lounges or public areas on formal night. This may be an intepretation as Princess does not appear to have a consistantly enforced dress code regarding this.

Hope this helps.

We wore jeans while boarding the ship. It was cold and we had traveled....we changed before dinner as we were eating in the dining room. During the day we saw a wide variety of jean shorts and capri's ....We only saw one couple in jean shorts and t shirts.....at the Capts cocktail party....They were dancing, drinking and having a great time....and seemed oblivious that everyone else was in formal wear....Oh well...it didnt tarnish my good time....

Whew...... sounds like best coarse of action to save face is just leave the jeans at home! I agree and have seen that you might be turned away. Usually it's for shorts in the main DR but ratty looking jeans would probablly raise their red flag while neatly pressed no holes designer jeans might get the go ahead. Is it really worth the gamble? They do ask you nicely not to wear them in the DR.

Archived