Who Does Martha's Vineyard this fall??

Olwyn

Hi Everyone!

I am trying to book a cruise for my elderly parents this fall...and my mom really want to see Martha's Vineyard.

My parents are used to Celebrity, but it looks to me like they are not doing MV in 2006.:(

What are the ports of call "Not to be Missed" and does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Olwyn:)

I am concerned that the Jewel with RC might be too big and noisy for them...and Norwegian...hmmmmm, no Celebrity to be sure..right??

The constellation is doing a canada/Ne in september but they aren't coming to mv. I wouldn't worry about RCL being too crazy. we went on a CA/NE 2 years ago on the Grandeur and it was not a too wild group, but by no means boring. More your parents age and almost no kids. We had a fabulous time.

Hi there,

I understand your comment about Jewel might be too big and noisy but its not really, because it is so big. We are doing the New England and Canada cruise on 30 September and went on Jewel and Brillaince last year.

The busiest times are at muster drill, and going in for dinner, if you turn up before the doors open. Otherwise you don't see people if you dont want to. My wife and I ate in the Sea View resaturant two nights, on our owm almost.

There are always lots of people on nay cruise at busy times, heading to or from shows, shore excursions or dinner, but we just love the ship so much.

• 3 months later...
Hi Everyone!

I am concerned that the Jewel with RC might be too big and noisy for them...and Norwegian...hmmmmm, no Celebrity to be sure..right??

I happen to be a Celebrity fan as well, but that will never keep me from trying another line for a great value ( excpet Carnival......sorry, it's just not for me) The Canada/New England routes in general draw a more subdued crowd, esp in the fall when there will be fewer youngsters on board.

We will be on the NCL Dawn this fall for the 2nd time. Last time it was to FLA and it was a "happenin' ship"...not crazy, but very active. I do not expect it to be the same in the NE itineraries.

NCL has a different flavor due to its "freestyle" nature, but I have to tell you that my NCL cruise was one of my favorites due to the difference. I wanted a less formal, go-with-the-flow crusie and it was very relaxing.

For your situation, RCL, Celebrity, and Princess are all rather similar in my opinion. NCL is just a little different, but dont rule it out altogether. The Dawn is a very beautiful ship. Authentic Impressionist pieces of artwork onboard.

Archived